Machine Learning Researcher
- New York, NY, United States
- $120k - $140k
- 0.25% - 0.50%
- Google Cloud Platform
OneThree Biotech is a VC backed startup working to change how new medicines are discovered using biology-driven AI. We all know someone who’s been affected by cancer, and we’ve proven that our technology can help get life-saving treatments to patients faster (people.com/health/teacher-brain-tumor-week-to-live-now-thriving). Having already signed a set of Fortune 500 paying clients, we’re ramping up for our next phase of growth and are looking for a self-motivated researcher to join us as we change healthcare for the better.
More about us:
Currently developing a single new drug can take over $1B and 15 years, with over 99% of drugs failing along the way. This is why over 70% of all known diseases have no treatments and millions of patients are left with no viable treatment options.
At OneThree Biotech we’re working to change this using biology-driven AI. Founded after members of our team lost family members to rare cancer, the team at OneThree has spent the last 5+ years researching how we can combine AI with systems biology to stop this from happening to anyone else. We’re building a platform to not only predict new potential therapeutics, but also to pinpoint the mechanisms driving efficacy, and we pride ourselves on building a new form of biology-driven AI that values interpretability as much as accuracy. After raising a multi-million round of funding, we’re looking for a Machine Learning Scientist to join our interdisciplinary team as we look to ramp up external partnerships and internal development.
About the Role:
You will work closely with our Chief Data Scientist and our research and engineering teams to both improve existing algorithms and develop new machine learning approaches for a variety of unsolved biological questions. The ideal candidate will be interested in diving into machine learning beyond just an AUC or accuracy and will seek to truly build interpretable methods. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with creative problem solving and enjoy collaborating with an interdisciplinary team. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the early stage and take ownership over product and strategy. If working on exciting problems that could have a real positive impact if solved excites you, then maybe OneThree is the place for you!
• Work closely with computational biologists to apply cutting edge machine learning algorithms and approaches to drug development
• Build models that prioritize interpretability as well as model performance to ensure the highest level of biological understanding
• Apply advanced feature selection and engineering techniques to data pre-processing
• 3+ years work experience in a ML production environment
• Expertise implementing a variety of machine learning techniques (e.g. SVM, Random Forest, neural networks)
• Working knowledge of scripting languages, Python strongly preferred
• Experience with traditional machine learning packages, such as sklearn, numpy, pandas (plus: keras, tensorflow)
• Good command of SQL
Nice To Have:
• Experience working with unstructured data, transfer learning, and/or Natural Language Processing
• Experience working with cloud computing (bonus points for GCP)
• Any experience in life science, health or biotech
• Publication track record (pre-prints count!)
• Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision (30+ plan options)
• 25 days PTO
• Snacks and refreshments available in-office (monthly budget available for remote employees)
• Office at the exclusive Grand Central Tech hub, directly across from Grand Central Station
• Space available for remote employees for their in-office visits
• Flexible work environment
About OneThree Biotech
OneThree Biotech is a VC backed startup working to change how new medicines are discovered using biology-driven AI. We all know someone who’s been affected by cancer, and we’ve proven that our technology can help get life-saving treatments to patients faster. Having already signed a set of Fortune 500 paying clients, we’re ramping up for our next phase of growth.
We value both collaboration and independence. We are a group of self staters that enjoy working with each other to solve big problems in unique ways.
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.