- New York, NY, United States
- $95k - $120k
- 0.10% - 0.25%
- Google Cloud Platform
OneThree Biotech is a VC backed startup working to change how new medicines are discovered using biology-driven AI. We all know someone who’s been affected by cancer, and we’ve proven that our technology can help get life-saving treatments to patients faster (https://people.com/health/teacher-brain-tumor-week-to-live-now-thriving/). Having already signed a set of Fortune 500 paying clients we’re ramping up for our next phase of growth and are looking for a bold and self-motivated engineer to join us as we change healthcare for the better.
More about us:
Currently developing a single new drug can take over $1B and 15 years, with over 99% of drugs failing along the way. This is why over 70% of all known diseases have no treatments and millions of patients are left with no viable treatment options.
At OneThree Biotech we’re working to change this using biology-driven AI. Founded after members of our team lost family members to rare cancer, the team at OneThree has spent the last 5+ years researching how we can combine AI with systems biology to stop this from happening to anyone else. We’re building a platform to not only predict new potential therapeutics, but also to pinpoint the mechanisms driving efficacy, and we pride ourselves on building a new form of biology-driven AI that values interpretability as much as accuracy. After raising a multi-million round of funding, we’re looking for a Data Engineer to join our interdisciplinary team as we look to ramp up external partnerships and internal development.
About the Role:
Data is core to OneThree’s strategy and business. You will work directly with our Chief Data Scientist, Lead Data Engineer, and founding team to help develop a backend data infrastructure to both support OneThree’s internal AI scientists and platform as well as external-facing partnerships. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge data tools and be part of a team working on the bleeding edge of machine learning + biology (based on years of peer-reviewed research and partnerships with leading medical centers).
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, be comfortable with creative problem solving, and will be excited to work on building a data processing pipeline from the ground-up in a flexible, fast-paced environment. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the early stage and have a real impact on both product and strategy. If working on challenging problems that have a real positive impact excites you, then OneThree is the place for you!
- Build efficient data ingress pipelines for both existing data assets and newly identified data sources.
- Help solve challenging problems related to data scale (we are already processing tens of terabytes of biological data, and we’re just getting started).
- Help solve challenging problems in data modeling (for example ensuring that our mapping and merging logic is valid and helpful).
- Work with an interdisciplinary team consisting of computational biologists and machine learning scientists to make sure ingested data is easily accessible and usable for downstream machine learning methods.
- Our platform is just getting started, and you will regularly participate in discussions as we improve it to take advantage of new opportunities!
- 3+ years experience as a backend software engineer, ideally where your focus was on processing data.
- Understanding of modern engineering design principles (distributed systems, stateless processes, etc)
- Experience building ETL pipelines (experience with an orchestration system like Airflow or Luigi preferred but not required)
- Professional experience with a scripting language, Python strongly preferred
- Good command of SQL
- Experience in version control
Nice To Have:
- Experience processing relatively large data sets (tens of gigabytes or higher)
- Experience solving intricate problems related to data modeling, cleaning, merging, debugging, or extraction. Tell us about it in your note!
- Experience with Google Cloud (e.g. BigQuery)
- Past working experience in a start-up environment
- Experience with Kubernetes
How to stand out:
- Tell us about the most interesting or intricate data problem you solved, and how you solved it.
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision (30+ plan options)
- 25 days PTO
- Office at the exclusive Grand Central Tech hub, directly across from Grand Central Station
- Snacks and refreshments available in-office (monthly budget available for remote employees)
- Space available for remote employees for their in-office visits
- Flexible work environment
About OneThree Biotech
OneThree Biotech is a VC backed startup working to change how new medicines are discovered using biology-driven AI. We all know someone who’s been affected by cancer, and we’ve proven that our technology can help get life-saving treatments to patients faster. Having already signed a set of Fortune 500 paying clients, we’re ramping up for our next phase of growth.
We value both collaboration and independence. We are a group of self staters that enjoy working with each other to solve big problems in unique ways.
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.