- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Google Cloud Platform
Oooh is a team of 30 and growing fast who have built some of the biggest global phenomenons in video and video games. We have come together with a moonshot mission, backed by an incredible group of SV and LA VC’s, founders, leaders in technology and entertainment moguls -- all of whom feel personally connected to our purpose. We’ve been quietly building a massive next-gen digital platform that rewards skill and creativity, and is for all-ages. It’s different, and really, really fun.
Coming out of a very successful beta with thousands of users, we’re taking the cover off of stealth mode and are on the cusp of a public launch. So we’re now hiring a Software Engineer to build new critical features for our iOS app, help move code closer to mobile hardware and improve performance. As a mobile first company, you will be an integral part of our effort to scale Oooh once live.
We are looking for someone who will be comfortable designing and implementing new technologies across the product, including: video editing, image filters, network profiling, and video capture / playback. Ideally you eat, sleep and breathe the Apple developer ecosystem, because you’ll need the benefit of that experience to be successful in this role. If not, there will be plenty of opportunities for other positions as Oooh comes out of stealth later this year.
- Work collaboratively with producers and engineers to design, build, test, and ship new features in our ever-evolving platform.
- Identify, profile, and resolve performance bottlenecks.
- Develop innovative user experiences based on advanced video processing, computer vision and cutting edge AR technologies.
- Learn and acquire new techniques quickly based on project requirements.
- BA/BS, MS in Computer Science or a related field.
- 4+ years experience in a similar role.
- Deep understanding of iOS functionality and capabilities. You’ve built, shipped, and supported an application at scale in the app store.
- Expert level Objective-C knowledge and familiarity with the Apple iOS API
- Strong CS fundamentals (algorithms and data structures) and problem-solving skills.
- High degree of self direction and independent drive. You get things done.
About Oooh, Inc.
Oooh is an unannounced startup that is quietly building a smarter, more interactive social video platform for all ages.
Creator-to-audience interactions have progressed but platforms have not. We are here to change that.
This is a tough question to answer so I'll just be honest - Oooh has the best company culture of any startup I've ever worked for.
Oooh has an extremely strong vision and intimidatingly large ambitions, which is balanced by an extremely pragmatic, evidence driven decision making.
New ideas are welcomed. Creativity is celebrated. And the process is very well organized.
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.