- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Google Cloud Platform
Oooh is a team of 28 and growing fast who have built some of the biggest global phenomenons in video and video games. We have come together with a moonshot mission, backed by an incredible group of Silicon Valley and LA VC’s, founders, product and technology leaders and entertainment moguls—all of whom feel personally connected to our purpose. For the last 2 years, we’ve been quietly building a smarter and healthier next-gen digital platform focused on younger audiences. And, one that’s way more fun. That’s about all we can say here :)
We’re now looking for a Software Engineer with deep experience in video handling to join our team! As our first video specialist, you will be responsible for optimizing the Oooh video stack and asked to come up with creative solutions to scale up our video processing pipeline in both our mobile client and server side.
This role needs someone who brings domain expertise from the video/media world, and ideally having worked on the video stack at large scale platforms like YouTube, Twitch, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok, or companies leveraging similar types of video technologies. Without relative past experience, you may not be a great fit for this first dedicated Video Engineering position.
- Work with other groups at Oooh to deliver new components of Oooh’s video infrastructure.
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Design, build and maintain scalable and reliable frameworks and libraries.
- Write tooling and services to make video processing more efficient, easy, and robust.
- 5+ years of mobile app development experience (iOS and Android)
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Expert knowledge of shader design and development
- Expert knowledge in video and image coding principles, algorithms, and techniques
- Experience working at a low level with at least one of the mainstream video codecs (OpenH264/x264/x265)
- Experience with hardware accelerated video processing
- Experience with Software Development processes including: source control, bug tracking, and design documentation
- Experience using FFmpeg filters or have worked with FFmpeg APIs
- Bonus: You’ve written your own video player
About Oooh, Inc.
Oooh is an unannounced startup that is quietly building a smarter, more interactive social video platform for all ages.
Creator-to-audience interactions have progressed but platforms have not. We are here to change that.
This is a tough question to answer so I'll just be honest - Oooh has the best company culture of any startup I've ever worked for.
Oooh has an extremely strong vision and intimidatingly large ambitions, which is balanced by an extremely pragmatic, evidence driven decision making.
New ideas are welcomed. Creativity is celebrated. And the process is very well organized.
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.