- San Francisco, CA, United States
OpenAI's mission is to build safe AGI that benefits humanity.
Our Codegen team is responsible for the research that brought you Copilot.
We are looking for a software engineer with full-stack, web product development experience to join our Codegen research team and improve future versions of our Codex model.
As a Software Engineer on the Codegen team, you will closely collaborate with our world-class research teams to build and deploy powerful AI systems and products that can perform previously impossible tasks and achieve unprecedented levels of performance.
A glance at a couple of the upcoming development projects:
- Design and develop the tools & dashboards required for a variety of cutting-edge AI research and consumer projects, particularly Codex and Copilot.
- Build UI's and web interfaces to collect data from human users to improve our AI models through reinforcement learning.
We expect you to:
- Have strong web development skills creating UI's and user dashboards
- Have some Python experience and using one of Flask/Django/Tornado
- Have experience driving large-scale projects in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Be interested in and thoughtful about the impacts of AI technology (see our Charter for examples of our goals)
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core. OpenAI is dedicated to putting that alignment of interests first — ahead of profit.
To achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity. Our investment in diversity, equity, and inclusion is ongoing, executed through a wide range of initiatives, and championed and supported by leadership.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.
Our culture is always evolving, and we believe new people can and should change how we operate and what we value. A few recurring themes stand out:
Mission-driven. People at OpenAI care deeply about building AI in a way that benefits humanity. Goal-oriented. We move both quickly and deliberately to balance research and engineering objectives. Collaborative. Many of our biggest advances grew out of work done across multiple teams. Reflective. Building powerful technologies with the potential to impact society requires deep thought and discussion. Growth mindset. We believe in the power of feedback, and encourage a mindset of continuous learning and growth.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.