- San Francisco, CA, United States
As a principal frontend engineer at Devstore, you’ll be in charge of developing the frontend of a product loved and used by thousands of developers every day. You’ll build a beautiful and performant web application based on React.js and Next.js, showcasing 3 million open-source packages, and including package insights and comparison, powerful search and discovery, documentation, knowledge, and community. As our first frontend engineer, you’ll choose and implement a best-of-breed frontend stack from scratch.
What you will be doing:
- Build a best-of-breed frontend stack from scratch, including grid, typography, UI components, graphing, data display, and search components
- Build the frontend for our web application based on React and Next.js, creating a beautiful and pleasurable experience for hundreds of thousands of developers
- Create beautiful package pages that include information, documentation, and insights about package popularity, maintenance, issues, and quality
- Work with tonnes of data, and create reusable components to display the data in various ways, including graphs, charts, visualizations, and comparisons
- Do quick iterations and experiments as part of the core product team (product manager, designer, and backend developer) to test out new ideas and features
- Build a browser extension for developers, augmenting GitHub, npm and other websites with deep package insights
- Help us understand what’s going on with our users, by using analytics tools, user journey tracking, feedback tools, error and performance logging
You most likely have:
- At least 3 years of experience building sophisticated React apps
- Aesthetic eye for user-interface detail, and experience working with UX/UI designers
- Experience setting up webpack and babel, plugins, minification, asset versioning, and CDN upload
- Experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools
- Experience with on-site SEO: metadata, header elements, robots file, sitemaps, etc
- Advantage: experience with Next.js, TypeScript, PWA, SVG/Canvas
We're building the ultimate appstore for open-source packages, helping developers choose among and use 3 million open-source packages, so they can build amazing products faster
As a small startup, we believe in building and stuff quickly and iteratively, learning from our users, and having fun. No hierarchy, bureaucracy or company politics!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.