- San Francisco, CA, United States
As a principal backend developer at Devstore, you’ll be in charge of the code that collects and analyzes data for 3 million open-source packages from multiple sources such as GitHub, npm, PyPi, Maven, StackOverflow, and package websites. You’ll also be in charge of the entire backend tech stack and infrastructure, from servers and containers, through CI-CD, monitoring and testing, to the software architecture, libraries and tools that we use.
What you will be doing:
- Build the entire tech stack and infrastructure of the startup from scratch, based on best-of-breed technologies, including containers, serverless, microservices, APIs, CI-CD, testing, and logging.
- Built high-scale real-time collectors for package data from multiple data sources, including GraphQL and REST APIs, websites, source code extraction, and more
- Analyze a lot of textual info created by other developers, such as project READMEs, change logs, commits, issues, PRs, and even source code
- Build a big and performant database containing billions of data points about 3 million open source packages, including information, versions and community knowledge
- Build the backend for a website that serves millions of developers, using Node.js and Next.js
- Do quick iterations and experiments as part of the core product team (CEO, designer, and frontend developer) to test out new ideas and features
You most likely have:
- At least 7 years of experience as a backend developer
- At least 4 years of experience building web applications with Node.js
- Hands-on experience building end-to-end software infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, CI-CD, Testing, Logging, Monitoring
- Experience implementing modern software architecture/design, including Microservices, APIs, Messaging, Queues, Workers
- Ability to build, operate and optimize a high-performance scalable database of hundreds of GBs and hundreds of millions of records, including text-search engine, caching, and more
- Advantage: Serverless experience (e.g. Lambda)
- Advantage: Text-analysis or code-analysis knowledge
We're building the ultimate appstore for open-source packages, helping developers choose among and use 3 million open-source packages, so they can build amazing products faster
As a small startup, we believe in building and stuff quickly and iteratively, learning from our users, and having fun. No hierarchy, bureaucracy or company politics!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.