- San Francisco, CA, United States
We’re currently hiring frontend engineers to join our core team. Join us to work on interesting challenges, use best-of-breed technologies, impact millions of developers, and be a part of our success. We’re looking for self-starters who are passionate about developer tools, and have a good understanding of how to balance execution speed with maintainability. You’ll work directly with the CEO, influence the product and the roadmap, and build a product that helps millions of developers make better open-source choices.
What you will be doing:
- Build the frontend for Openbase pages, components and features - to serve developers with package insights and community features
- Develop sophisticated and interactive components using TypeScript and React
- Work with our award-winning designer to implement beautiful responsive designs using advanced CSS, styled-components, recharts, and more
- Build great responsive emails with HTML, CSS and Handlebars
- Own parts of the product journey, from feature creation, through deployment, to measuring it’s impact with analytics
Ideally, you should have:
- Significant experience with modern frontend development (preferably React with Hooks)
- Ability to implement complex designs with advanced CSS
- Experience working with APIs to create snappy and interactive apps (we use Apollo and GraphQL)
- Familiarity with strongly-typed languages (we use TypeScript)
- Experience with modern web tooling (we use Netlify)
- Maintainer of open-source projects or packages
- Some experience with Python, Java or Go
Openbase is a San Francisco based startup founded in 2019, backed by Y Combinator and some of the world’s top investors. We help developers choose amongst millions of open-source packages so they can build amazing products faster. Our product is used and loved by hundreds of thousands of developers and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
We are currently hiring our core team and offer the chance to work with best-of-breed technologies, solve interesting technical challenges, and improve the lives of millions of developers worldwide.
Join us as one of our first employees to enjoy a high-energy, friendly, and collaborative startup culture!
As a small startup, we believe in building quickly and iteratively, learning from our users, and having fun. No hierarchy, bureaucracy, or company politics!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.