- San Francisco, CA, United States
We’re currently hiring backend engineers to join our core team. Join us to work on interesting challenges, use best-of-breed technologies, impact millions of developers, and be a part of our success.
We’re looking for self-starters who are passionate about developer tools, and have a good understanding of how to balance execution speed with maintainability.
You’ll work directly with the CEO, influence the product and the roadmap, and build a product that helps millions of developers make better open-source choices.
What you will be doing:
- Develop different product facets and features of Openbase, from the infrastructure, through DB models, to high performance APIs and data collectors.
- Built high-performance and resilient data collectors for package data - from multiple package registries and data sources, including GraphQL and REST APIs, source code analysis and more
- Work with, extend and optimize a huge PostgreSQL database containing billions of data points about millions of open source packages, including information, versions and community knowledge
- Develop performant GraphQL APIs with Postgraphile, Node and Express, and sophisticated database queries and optimizations.
- Deploy, optimize and debug our apps on our infrastructure on AWS (EBS, EC2, RDS) and Netlify
Ideally, you should have:
- Significant experience with modern backend development (preferably Node.js, which we use)
- Experience building internal APIs for web apps (we use GraphQL)
- Experience writing SQL with large data sets (we use Postgres)
- Familiarity with strongly-typed languages (we use TypeScript)
- Experience with modern web infrastructure (we use AWS and Netlify)
- Maintainer of open-source projects or packages
- Some experience with Python, Java or Go
- Experience with React
Openbase is a San Francisco based startup founded in 2019, backed by Y Combinator and some of the world’s top investors. We help developers choose amongst millions of open-source packages so they can build amazing products faster. Our product is used and loved by hundreds of thousands of developers and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
We are currently hiring our core team and offer the chance to work with best-of-breed technologies, solve interesting technical challenges, and improve the lives of millions of developers worldwide.
Join us as one of our first employees to enjoy a high-energy, friendly, and collaborative startup culture!
As a small startup, we believe in building quickly and iteratively, learning from our users, and having fun. No hierarchy, bureaucracy, or company politics!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.