Senior Android Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $140k - $185k
- 0.1% - 0.2%
We're looking for someone who makes phenomenal Android applications. That might be you if these apply:
🎨 You implement beautiful designs with precision and accuracy.
🔭 You are comfortable with complex View hierarchies and can take the lead on application architecture.
🚅 You build apps that are efficient, performant, and a joy to use.
🏗 Your work serves as a strong foundation for a lifetime of feature development.
As our first Android Engineer, you'll work alongside our iOS and backend development teams in crafting the OpenPhone experience.
Today, almost all businesses and professionals use emails or personal phones as their main methods of communication. While over the last decade, there's been a lot of innovation in the consumer communication space, the same trend has not caught on with business use-cases yet. We are here to change that, and our first step is to offer a supercharged phone app for businesses and professionals.
Join us now and help us shape the future of business communications!
- You've done this before. You've got a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent training or work experience.
- You've built a deep understanding of Android frameworks, design paradigms, and component lifecycles.
- You have used Reactive Programming paradigms to build responsive and reactive user interfaces (RxJava, RxKotlin)
- You have proven experience developing performant Java/Kotlin code and the ability to diagnose issues.
- You've honed a detailed knowledge of Android API levels, development and debugging tools, and deploy systems.
- You love getting better at this. You want to always be improving your own work and your team's work.
☎️ If you've ever worked on a VoIP or SMS platform, or if you have experience building voice apps with WebRTC or SIP, you might be a phenomenal fit.
⚛ We use modern programming languages and reactive programming in all of our code, so our ideal Android stack would use tools like Kotlin and RxJava. If you know these inside and out, it'd be a plus.
As a company, OpenPhone launched in July 2018 and graduated YC a month later. We're growing our customer base quickly and organically by focusing on deeply understanding our users and building the best product we can. It's working! So we recently closed our Seed round, found an office, and started devising our roadmap. If you're looking to make a huge impact at early stage with lots of promise, let's get to know one another.
We are also an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are on a mission to bring speed and productivity to business communications. Setting up a phone for your team or company should be easy and delightful. The product and its features have to be thoughtful and built to boost your output. Come join us on the mission to redefine what phones can do for businesses.
We are a group of self-motivated, highly ambitious individuals who love to learn new things and exercise our creativity to the fullest extend while building products that we can be proud of.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.