- New York, NY, United States
We're looking for an experienced, detail-oriented software engineer with an enthusiasm for building and scaling feature-rich, well-tested, and polished applications. This individual will spearhead core features of the OpenSea marketplace backend. This will involve owning and building out our blockchain data ingestion layer, our orderbook infrastructure, and our indexing system.
- Build out well-tested backend systems for serving our core marketplace features
- Shepherd products from designs and specifications to live deployments
- Shape our current architecture and infrastructure
- Shape our engineering culture and lead a larger team as the company expands
- Drive and ambition to lead the development of a brand new platform
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering
- An ability to write high quality, well tested code (nice to have) A passion or growing interest in decentralized technologies (nice to have) An understanding of the basic mechanics of blockchain applications and dApps
We’ve built the first (and largest) peer-to-peer marketplace for crypto assets, which include collectibles, gaming items, and other assets backed by a blockchain. We're operating in a brand-new market but growing rapidly: with over 12 million assets listed on our marketplace, 200+ apps using our platform, and power the crypto asset integration for Coinbase Wallet and Opera.
Our team has backgrounds from Stanford, Palantir, Pinterest, and Google, and is funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, and Blockchain Capital.
Open-mindedness We pride ourselve in open-mindedness both internally and externally. Internally, we believe everyone should have the data, tools, and platform to make an argument that goes against the grain. Externally, we're strong evangelists of open protocols. Our platform is open to anyone building user-owned digital assets, and we build on well-adopted open standards.
Intellectual honesty We're very honest about the challenges we face as a company — we know we're operating in an early, uncertain market and we never sugercoat the state of the world. We feel the ability to carefully reason about future strategy is aided by full transparency and intellectual honesty from the founding team.
The digital collectible space is naturally weird and whacky (one engineer described our company as having a high
coolness factor). From selling Formula 1 Racing cars for hundreds of thousands of dollars to CryptoKitty museums inside of virtual worlds to new decentralized domain name systems, the space we're operating in is full of weird surprises. We have a lot of fun at OpenSea, but not because we enforce tacky company traditions; our culture is a natural byproduct of the space we're operating in and the folks we bring on to the team.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.