Full-Stack Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $100k - $160k
- 0.02% - 0.10%
- Google Cloud
- Embedded Linux
Origin's additive manufacturing platform stands at the intersection of hardware, software, chemistry, materials science, and data. We are on the cusp of reshaping enterprise 3D printing, and your role will ensure that we build a truly outstanding, modern day manufacturing platform for our customers with cutting-edge software technology.
Our printers work together as a fleet, and we are building a rich set of data-enabled management capabilities to ensure fast, robust printing and integration with our customers' manufacturing processes.
We seek well-rounded full stack engineers as we scale production of our additive manufacturing platform. As software underpins every aspect of our product, our software engineers need to work seamlessly with experts from other fields while learning key aspects of our 3D printing technology.
If big, cross-disciplinary technical challenges excite you, join our small and growing team of engineers and scientists from places like Google, Apple, Microsoft, Autodesk, and Stanford. Sample projects include: security and backend architecture, data engineering to support real-time video and sensor analysis, and in-browser 3D model visualization and editing.
Our multiple choice quiz takes ~30 minutes and is designed to fairly evaluate the mix of engineering skills for this role. We'll get back to you as soon as we can after you complete the quiz.
- Develop software for Origin's additive manufacturing platform across the entire stack, from web development and cloud-based data processing to firmware controlling our printer's electro-mechanical components and print process
- Drive the software development process, including design, implementation, testing, code reviews, and deployment
- Quickly and reliably implement features and prototype novel ideas leading to better and more consistent prints, increased production throughput, and a more robust manufacturing process for our customers
- Maintain a healthy, productive engineering culture: champion high standards of code quality and participate in recruitment to build a world class software engineering team
- 3+ years of experience developing across a full web or embedded stack, including client/server interaction, databases, and CI/CD infrastructure
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and time complexity analysis
- Sound understanding of web fundamentals
- Passion to do whatever it takes to independently solve complex problems
- Excellent technical documentation and communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
Nice to have
- Interest or passion for 3D printing, embedded software engineering, or robotics
- Familiarity with visualization tools, video streaming and/or image processing pipelines
- Past experience with at least one industry standard frontend JS framework (e.g. React, Angular, Vue)
- Experience with 3D rendering technology such as WebGL and three.js
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools and targeted testing for reliable and quick deployments
The Origin team at Stratasys designs and builds DLP 3D printers aimed at mass manufacturing.
We value engineers who are scrappy, high initiative and always ready to ask 'Why are things this way?' and 'How can I make it better?'
We have flexible work schedules that value technical output over hours in the office.
Every employee at Origin is an expert at a particular domain, and we have a strongly collaborative, cross-disciplinary culture that encourages working across teams.
- Google Cloud
- Embedded Linux
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.