Software Engineer - Print R&D
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $100k - $180k
- 0.02% - 0.15%
- Google Cloud
Origin's additive manufacturing platform stands at the intersection of hardware, software, chemistry, and materials science. We are on the cusp of reshaping enterprise 3D printing, and your role will ensure that we build a truly outstanding, modern day manufacturing platform for our customers with cutting-edge software technology.
Our printers are complex robots that transform liquid photopolymer and light into finished end products. Your goal will be to improve our print process and customer workflows by developing a robust understanding of our end-to-end process and writing software across the stack. We seek a strong developer that can drive R&D throughout our software stack, developing novel algorithmic techniques that unify hardware, software, and chemistry.
If big cross-disciplinary challenges excite you, join our growing team of engineers and scientists from places like Google, Apple, Microsoft, Autodesk, and Stanford.
- Own end-to-end print workflow, from model upload and processing to printer control and post-print analysis
- Grok key factors underlying physical print process by developing software across the Origin stack
- Work closely with hardware and print lab teams to continually improve print quality, reliability and speed
- Improve customer print workflows, including automatic print settings and 3D modeling
- Maintain a healthy, productive engineering culture: champion high standards of code quality and system reliability
- 3+ years of experience in software development in a cross-disciplinary environment
- Experience applying mathematical and algorithmic techniques to other domains
- Passion for conducting independent research and pushing results into production
- Excellent technical documentation and communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related fields
Nice to Have
- Experience with embedded software engineering, robotics, manufacturing, or 3D modeling
- Solid understanding of web technologies
Origin designs and builds DLP 3D printers aimed at mass manufacturing.
We value engineers who are scrappy, high initiative and always ready to ask 'Why are things this way?' and 'How can I make it better?'
We have flexible work schedules that value technical output over hours in the office.
Every employee at Origin is an expert at a particular domain, and we have a strongly collaborative, cross-disciplinary culture that encourages working across teams.
- Google Cloud
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.