- New York, NY, United States
- $100k - $160k
- 0.08% - 0.20%
- React Native
You'll be working with a small team in building a consumer facing product that will be used by millions of people just like you.
As a backend engineer, you will be helping build all the server-side code that powers the Otis experience. This includes creating new APIs, maintaining/improving our code base, designing/refactoring our database schema, and developing our infrastructure. Our stack is Python + Django + Postgres.
We require that you have a history of building performant and scalable web services. It is unlikely you have this with less than two years of experience.
We prefer generalists over specialists. Bringing our vision to life will be a challenge, and we'll frequently be pushed outside our comfort zones.
Who you are
- You are obsessed with clean code. You take pride in great class design and choosing the right level of abstraction. Tests are your best friend.
- You have experience with web frameworks like Django, Rails, or Express.
- You have experience with SQL databases. You know when to use transactions and when to select for update. N+1 queries are your worst nightmares.
- You have experience designing APIs. You immediately know something is wrong when you see POST /update_name.
- Bonus points for Redis and no-SQL experience.
- Bonus points for frontend experience, e.g. React, React Native, Swift, etc
Our mission is to democratize access to wealth.
Otis is a marketplace for alternative assets. Simply put, Otis democratizes access for normal people to invest in the same things as billionaires, such as art and real estate. We offer these opportunities as investments for as little as $25.
Transparency and trust are at the cornerstone of our culture. We're an egalitarian team that prizes speed and resourcefulness over bureaucracy.
Read more about culture: https://www.notion.so/Culture-cf25a1c921b142b2a67ae993493bae13
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.