- New York, NY, United States
- $140k - $175k
- 0.4% - 0.4%
- React Native
You'll be leading a small team in building a consumer facing product that will be used by millions of people just like you. You will be leading and mentoring other engineers and building an elite team.
As an Engineering Manager, your time will be approximately spent:
*1/2 of your time recruiting new team members and mentoring the existing team, and * 1/2 third of your time planning architecture, prioritization, and working with your product manager peers to maintain a high velocity for your engineering team.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of 3-6 engineers
- Recruit, interview, and onboard new team members
- Train, mentor and conduct regular reviews for engineers at different stages of their careers, building them into happy and productive engineers with long career trajectories
- Scope projects to build our development roadmaps
- Collect technical, product, and design requirements for current and future projects
- Work with cross-functional peers in product management, design, and operations
Who You Are
- 5+ total years of professional software development experience on production-quality products
- 3+ years of experience in a team management capacity, ideally a team of 4+ engineers
- Demonstrated ability to attract, identify, manage, mentor, and grow top engineering talent.
- You are obsessed with clean code. You take pride in great class design and choosing the right level of abstraction. Tests are your best friend.
- You love keeping up with the latest developments in the mobile world. Last year, you were mad that Hooks for React hadn't been released yet.
- You're familiar with REST APIs. You immediately wrinkle your nose when you see POST /update_name.
Our mission is to democratize access to wealth.
Otis is a marketplace for alternative assets. Simply put, Otis democratizes access for normal people to invest in the same things as billionaires, such as art and real estate. We offer these opportunities as investments for as little as $25.
Transparency and trust are at the cornerstone of our culture. We're an egalitarian team that prizes speed and resourcefulness over bureaucracy.
Read more about culture: https://www.notion.so/Culture-cf25a1c921b142b2a67ae993493bae13
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.