- New York
- Apache Spark
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As a Cloud Operations Engineer, you will maintain reliable infrastructure so that our Forward Deployed Engineers and Product Teams can build products that solve our customers' hardest problems and can be counted on when they are needed most. You will work collaboratively with engineers to understand what they need to get their jobs done. You care deeply about the availability and security of our systems, and configuration as code is your tool for ensuring that everything is operating as it should.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and secure Linux-based cloud systems and networks at scale.
- Work with tools to automate critical aspects of production systems such as: configuration management and deployment of infrastructure.
- Maintain the stability and performance of the cloud platform.
- Utilize the latest industry standard tools and practices to meet the evolving needs of our internal engineers/developers and external customers.
Technologies We Use
- Languages: Ruby, Python, Go, and Java
- Systems Management: Terraform, Docker, Ansible, and Puppet
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure
- Linux: CentOS (6 and 7)
What We Value
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role, or related technical field
- Coding/scripting fluency in at least one language and a commitment to automate solutions
- Experience with Linux systems from the kernel level and up
- Experience with configuration management solutions
- Ability to quickly take on new roles and responsibilities
- Track record of successfully deploying and running configuration management systems
- Desire to see features through from development to deployment in production environments
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data, bringing our world-class software platform to bear against complex data environments in order to solve existential threats. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. By integrating all their data into one platform, organizations in the public, private, and non-profit sectors can solve problems they never could have before.
THE BEST IDEA WINS: If you have a great idea and the will to see it through, you can effect great change. Nothing is off limits—we’re constantly looking for improvements in our products, our processes, and our people. All voices are equal here—we hire people to have an opinion and be creative. We’re intolerant of politicking, ego, and power brokers. If your idea makes the most sense, that’s what we’re doing, regardless of your role or seniority.
NOTHING IS PERMANENT: We iterate obsessively on everything we do, always collecting new information about the right way to solve a problem. Existing components and processes are supplanted by new, better solutions as they become apparent. For those who built the thing being discarded, this is a cause for celebration not sadness. Replacement is viewed as success: we have now reached the next plateau of functionality and design and iteration begins anew.
KEEP FOCUSED ON THE MISSION: We view software as a means of effecting change in the world, not as an end unto itself. Our mission is to help our users, the people doing the hard work on complex, real-world problems. We do this by writing software that enables effective analysis against complicated, data-driven problems.
- Apache Spark
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.