Senior Software Engineer
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- $130k - $200k
- 0.01% - 0.35%
We are looking for senior backend engineer to build out new cross-border e-commerce stack as well as inventory + logistics software.
Today's out of the box e-commerce engines (think Shopify or BigCommerce) just are not cutting it. Our founding team has built an in-house international & logistics optimized e-commerce stack. We are looking for an experienced engineer to own and grow this platform going forward as it's one of our most important pieces of infrastructure.
Our backend platform is built in PHP/Laravel.
Things that you will be responsible for:
- Build out key features around payments, subscriptions, order management and supply chain logistics
- Own backend web architecture decisions
- Own platform stability and create a plan for test coverage on crucial pieces (ie our checkout flow)
- Lay the groundwork for analyzing our own data for future product development and key business decisions
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Act as technical thought partner to founder around backend architecture
- Manage deploys across engineering team and put in place quality controls as needed
- Monitor and adjust development environment configurations as needed
- DevOps work on AWS
This role has the opportunity to grow into a management role should the candidate be interested.
- Enjoy working in fast-paced, startup environment.
- Comfortable with high levels of technical ownership with minimal oversight
- You have worked as lead engineer on a team
- Ability to coach junior engineers
- Experience with PHP is a BIG PLUS but not a hard requirement.
- Experience with SQL is a must
Pangaea builds & scales international, premium consumer brands. We use data to quickly test, validate and scale brands at global scale.
Our first brand is a premium, male skincare brand, Lumin: luminskin.com!
We invest in personal growth alongside company growth - We ask everyone to always have a book on a public company reading list and encourage folks to learn a 2nd (or 3rd) language.
We value ownership - Own your work and outcomes. Seek feedback & collaborate. We trust you to make it happen.
We offer free lunch and gym membership as well :).
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.