Senior Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $130k - $170k
- 0.1% - 0.5%
Give people superpowers
The aha! moment when you first create something meaningful with code is a one of a kind feeling, and to someone who's never experienced it before, almost indescribable. At Parabola, we give that feeling to everyone whether or not they have a background in software engineering.
Parabola is closing the productivity inequality gap with a drag-and-drop, visual programming platform. We're starting with knowledge workers (e.g., marketing, sales, operations) and empowering them to increase their productivity leverage and become self-sufficient without having to learn how to code.
Our users consistently describe Parabola as their new superpower that makes them feel empowered to solve any problem that comes their way.
Make a huge impact
Joining as one of the first 20 employees means shaping our culture, helping hire the next 20 people, and being a critical component of delivering the power of programming to people who don't have time to learn to code.
We'll work with you to set your own trajectory, and together ensure you have as much opportunity as you strive for. We're looking for people who want to come do the best work they've ever done, and we'll help make sure they're empowered to do so. Said differently, we're excited about where you're coming from but much more excited about where you're heading.
At Parabola, we are solving hard and unique engineering challenges as we architect the visual programming language for the world. From an engineering mindset, Parabola is a programming language, IDE, deployment process, serverless compute environment, and cron job all bundled into one approachable drag-and-drop tool. To make this work, we've had to build out a solid foundation. Yet, we’re still early. As we continue to grow, there are many more product, infrastructure, logic, and design challenges to solve.
If you’re excited by solving these types of challenges and want to have a massive impact on team and technology, we want to talk to you!
A great week would be...
- Shipping a new feature to our React app that enables Parabola flows to be embedded anywhere across the web.
- Presenting a lunch & learn to the team on a new testing utility you created that makes writing tests faster for the rest of the team.
- Reviewing a product design spec, asking clarifying questions, and giving feedback on product and potential tech risks or areas of high implementation costs.
- Collaborating with another engineer on a tech plan for the first iteration of the product design spec.
- Writing code with React, TypeScript, NodeJS, or Python.
- Tinkering with AWS Cloudwatch to ensure we’re correctly tracking a metric that shows the improving stability of Parabola’s flow calculation system.
- Pairing with another engineer on a some improvements they left on one of your PRs.
- Experience: You have 4+ years of experience in a team-based, production engineering environment.
- Architect: You have designed and built systems from the ground up and have laid out plans and the steps to implement.
- Leader: You are interested in becoming a leader within the company in all aspects—from team to code initiatives to architecture.
- Tinkerer: You love solving problems and are persistent at pushing the team, technology, and infrastructure in the right direction through incremental improvements.
- Can do: Your default is to figure out how to solve a problem, not why it can’t be done.
- Communicator: Your communication skills are top-notch. From high-level customer needs to in-the-weeds architecture, you clearly communicate across all disciplines.
- Team Player: You are collaborative and firmly believe that with everyone working towards a common goal, we’ll get there faster and with a better end result.
- You are you: You are unique. You bring something great and uniquely awesome to the team. You are proud of who you are.
Our tech stack
Parabola engineers currently work with the following technologies/languages: - TypeScript - React - NodeJS - Python - Docker - AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, Elasticcache, Lambda, Redshift)
We believe in using the best technology available for the job and we trust our engineers to make those decisions. Having experience in all of the above technologies is not required, but if you do that can certainly be a plus.
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Custom desk setup w/ equipment of your choice
- Flexible work & generous vacation policy
- Lunch and team meals 5x per week
- Monthly team events (past events include cooking classes, mini golf, bowling, and more)
- Team led lunch & learns (past lunch & learn topics include TypeScript, loose leaf tea, and more)
- Dog-friendly office
Parabola brings the power of programming to everyone.
At Parabola, we believe that everyone has the ability to be amazingly analytical, curious, and creative all at once. Unfortunately, most people have not been given the tools and encouragement to express their ingenuity. Technology hasn’t kept up with our aims.
We don’t think you should have to come from a distinctly technical background or know how to write code to be a builder. We are closing this productivity inequality gap by building a drag-and-drop productivity tool that lets everyone translate what they want to do into instructions for a computer to do it for them. No matter who you are, with simple, logical building blocks, you can customize and orchestrate the world around you. Learn more at parabola.io.
Parabola has a very collaborative, fast-paced, and thoughtful culture. We believe that we should all be working towards a common goal and that the different viewpoints and ideas on how to get there are what will make us successful. The team has fun together, whether it's through offsites, lunch, events, or just brainstorming a particularly tough problem.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.