Full-stack Engineer (Founding Team)
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- $130k - $150k
- 0.5% - 1.5%
Paragon is a platform that enables teams to visually build production-ready APIs and microservices. Paragon's visual workflow editor provides building blocks like triggers, cloud functions, and API integration - so developers can just focus on their core business logic.
We're backed by world-class investors like Y Combinator and Village Global, and our long term vision is to democratize software development by enabling engineers and non-engineers to build together seamlessly.
We're looking for a full-stack engineer to join as the first engineering hire on our founding team at Paragon! You'll have the opportunity to own the architecture, development, and maintenance of Paragon's frontend and backend platforms while helping us shape the team culture and work environment from ground zero. If the idea of working on complex technical problems while helping build the future of software development excites you, we'd love to chat!
You'll work with us in our beautiful, dog-friendly office in West LA - if you're currently based somewhere else in the US, we're more than happy to sponsor your relocation to LA.
What you'll do
- Architect, implement, and maintain Paragon's web application, cloud services, and APIs
- Understand customer use cases and help make key product/architecture decisions
- Help lead the growth of our engineering team and shape Paragon's culture from day one
You should have
- Confidence working in a high-autonomy, fast-paced environment where you'll be responsible for decisions that influence the direction of the company
- 5+ years experience building web applications
- 3+ years experience with React.js + Redux
- 3+ years experience with Node.js
- Experience architecting complex web or server applications
- A strong eye for design and intuition for building a great user experience
Huge bonus points if you have
- Dev Ops experience
- Experience with the AWS Ecosystem (ECS, ECR, Fargate, IAM, S3, etc)
- Experience with Next.js or server-side rendering frameworks and tools
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience building new products from the ground up at an early stage venture-backed company
- New laptop/equipment of your choice
- Top of the line health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual team retreats
- Relocation to LA
Paragon is a platform that enables teams to visually build production-ready APIs and microservices. Our visual workflow editor provides building blocks like triggers, cloud functions, and API integration - so developers can just focus on their core business logic. Once deployed, Paragon workflows provide end-to-end data visibility for easy debugging, and automatically scale to provide enterprise-grade performance with zero maintenance.
Our mission is to democratize software development by enabling engineers and non-engineers to build products together seamlessly. Today, every company is a software company - but software developers make up less than 1% of the population. We're building a new visual programming language for anyone to become part of the future of software development.
Our product is currently pre-launch, but already hundreds of companies from startups to Fortune 500s have signed up to use Paragon once we launch in early 2020.
We value respect and thoughtfulness as much as we do hard work and ambition. We believe in confidence without ego. We believe in moving fast while executing with discipline.
Of course, we like to have fun along the way, too. Check out our perks to get an idea of life at Paragon!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.