- $130k - $180k
- 0.1% - 0.5%
- React Native
As the tech lead for the web app, you’ll be at the forefront of building and architecting fun (and technically challenging!) features for a highly engaged user base that’s multiplying every month. You’ll lead and mentor a growing team. You’ll work on a well-architected Typescript codebase, and use cutting edge technologies such as GraphQL/Hasura and Cypress on a daily basis. This role is absolutely critical to ensuring a great product experience for our users.
- Build and iterate rapidly on engaging features (while squashing bugs) for the web app
- Translate product requirements into actionable engineering tickets
- Define the technical vision for the team, codebase and tooling.
- Improve the overall performance and quality of the web app
- Represent the web team as the tech lead, and collaborate directly with the product design team and other engineering (Mobile, Backend) teams
- Mentor and unblock other engineers on the team
- Interview candidates and help with hiring and onboarding more engineers to the team
- Improve team processes to ensure that everyone is working well together
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with an expert level of knowledge with React, JS, GraphQL and their ecosystems. You also have some experience with full-stack development.
- Experience tech leading small teams of engineers and mentoring junior engineers
- Build well-tested and polished features quickly. You are able to identify when to make appropriate tradeoffs to ship quickly vs. when to take the time to do things right. Even in ambiguous situations, you can identify the most valuable areas to direct your energy.
- Communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally.
- Reside in USA/Canada: we are a distributed company that likes to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
At Patio, we are building the future of group communication. Patio is the private community for college: we make it easy for college students and incoming freshmen to chat with classmates in a safe and welcoming space.
We’ve grown quickly since we launched and are funded by leading investors including Forerunner Ventures (backed Glossier, Hims & Hers, Chime, Warby Parker), Redpoint Ventures (backed Stripe, Snowflake, Nextdoor, Twilio), and others.
We are a fully remote startup looking for passionate teammates who are excited to build useful social tools. We take our work seriously, but that doesn’t stop us from having fun in a diverse and collaborative work environment. Pull up a chair and join us at Patio. We’re excited to meet you!
We are a fully remote startup looking for passionate teammates who are excited to build useful social tools. We take our work seriously, but that doesn’t stop us from having fun in a diverse and collaborative work environment.
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.