- Toronto, ON, Canada
Pattern is seeking a senior software engineer to help build our core business product and make it incredibly easy for our customers to hire, manage and pay professionals through our marketplace.
From day one, you'll work closely with a focused product team using React & Typescript. You'll be a key technical contributor during product discovery and definition, and you'll own technical design, implementation and delivery for significant parts of the product.
During your first year, you'll make foundational architecture and technology decisions while taking on a wide variety of product and technical challenges. As we scale, you'll have the opportunity to grow into either a technical leadership role at the staff level or an engineering management role.
This position is located in Toronto, ON. We're fully remote at the moment and will likely remain so for the rest of 2021. When it's possible, we're going to adopt a hybrid model: regular time in office will be expected, but you'll have lots of flexibility to work from home as well.
What you'll do
- Build the business side of our marketplace, solving problems such as:
- How good can we get at automatically matching workers to business needs?
- Can we make scheduling and managing workers incredibly simple?
- Could we automate worker scheduling using customer data?
- Make key contributions to the design and implementation of our web platform.
- Continuously push yourself and us to obsessively improve product quality, user experience, and efficient delivery.
- Help build a great product and engineering team dedicated to continuously delivering value to our customers.
Who you are (or want to be)
- Obsessive about customers and their problems, and passionate about delivering the best product for them.
- Deeply dedicated to product and engineering excellence, with strong, well-considered opinions on the stuff that matters.
- An effective collaborator who routinely goes the extra mile to make other people successful.
- Able to learn quickly, work independently, and consistently get stuff done.
Why we might be a great fit for you
- We're taking on tough, systemic problems on both sides of the labor market that don't have easy solutions. You will have impact here.
- We'll grant you a lot of autonomy and trust, and back it up with meaningful empowerment and support. You won't be held back here.
- We care about outcomes, not output, and since we're all very mission-driven and work hard, we make sure our work is meaningful.
- We care deeply about diversity and consider it absolutely critical to our success, and we do the hard work to make that true.
Why we might not be a fit for you
- We're obsessed with our customers, and that drives the bulk of our decisions. If you can't see yourself adopting that mindset, it won't work out.
- We're an early stage company with great bones, but we have lots of rough edges. You need to be excited about building something from nothing.
- We know where we're headed, but we're still figuring out how to get there. You need to be ok with plans and priorities shifting.
- Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO with recommended minimums
- Generous extended health and dental care
Who we are
We're building the future of hourly work—a future of economic empowerment: + For professionals: predictable and consistent work, instant and correct payment, great benefits, and more control of their economic lives—so they can focus on living their lives without worrying about work. + For businesses: access to a qualified and reliable workforce that's incredibly easy to hire, manage, and pay—so they can focus on growing their business without worrying about staffing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Pattern Labs
We connect thousands of gig workers with shifts around them, on demand, every second. We are empowering people by changing the way we look at hourly work and the gig economy.
We're customer obsessed - we work tirelessly to earn and keep our customer’s trust. We put them first, seeking to better understand their point of view and expeditiously solve their problems.
We’re hard working - we work hard and always put in our best effort. We jump at the opportunity to solve hard problems. We favor action over words and never avoid hard decisions.
We’re growth oriented - we have high standards and we put in the work to live up to them. We’re constantly learning so we can do our best work. We continuously seek feedback.
We’re intentionally thrifty - we focus our resources to ensure they help our customers. We welcome constraints knowing they breed focus and innovation.
We’re rational - we are bold thinkers with the courage to try new things. We seek data when making decisions and always act in the best interest of our customers.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.