- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Google Cloud
PicnicHealth is all about making medical records easy to access and using data to power the next frontier of medical research. We work directly with patients to give them the only tool anywhere that truly provides all of their medical records from any doctor or healthcare system in the US—in an easy-to-use, secure online dashboard. Not only that, but patients can choose to contribute their incredibly important data to scientific research, which helps researchers accelerate breakthroughs in care. To date we’ve helped tens of thousands of patients, partnered with some of the world’s largest biopharma companies, and raised more than $35M from Felicis Ventures, Amplify Partners, Foresite Capital, Refactor Capital, and Y Combinator.
It's an exciting time to join the PicnicHealth team - we just announced our Series B raise and are growing quickly in revenue, partnerships, and people. We 3x'd our ARR two years in a row now and on track to continue this trend, building partnerships with over a dozen Life Sciences groups, including 3 of the top 6 Biopharma firms in the US. We’re going through a period of hyper-growth - we tripled the size of the team in the last 18 months and we’re looking to at least double over the next year. We have a collaborative and engaged team culture that is mission driven and excited about the technology we’re building and real solutions we’re offering patients.
We are looking for multiple data engineers (including a team lead) to organize and optimize PicnicHealth’s critical databases. Categorically, PicnicHealth stores many types of data, each needed to serve our customers and grow our business. These include raw records and imaging data, structured medical information extracted from those records, internal application data that captures the decisions and interactions of our users, business operations data, and predictions generated by machine learning models.
We are growing quickly in size and sophistication and have a need for experts who love databases and the puzzles posed by moving data through complex workflows with humans in the loop.
As a Data Engineer at PicnicHealth, you will be a member of the Machine Learning & Analytics Team, reflecting your critical role at the nexus of raw information and data users. You will collaborate closely with the team’s Machine Learning engineers and data scientists, and interface with operations, commercial, and research experts on other teams.
In addition to team growth and ownership of our most critical infrastructure, you will be embedded in a team rapidly expanding with machine learning and Natural Language Processing experts. If you are interested, we will actively support building your skills in ML and NLP, solving emerging research problems, and establishing your expertise among technical circles.
As a Senior Data Engineer/Technical Lead you will:
- Build processes to support company-wide analytics
- Architect and build new database infrastructure to serve low latency machine learning predictions
- Dive deep into use cases, understanding their delay, accuracy, and interface requirements
- Build the relational structure, caching, and access control mechanisms to address these use cases
- Help continue to build a world-class ML team, shaping both technical direction and team composition as we scale
- Help continue to build a world-class Engineering team, by helping attract, interview, and onboard your future team members during this exciting time of growth.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- BS in Computer, Biological, or Physical Science, or related field
- At least 5 years of hands-on data engineering experience
- Extensive SQL knowledge, e.g. Postgres or MySQL
- Experience designing, measuring, and improving database architectures that support low latency production code OR significant experience in scientific research, building datasets, and workflows that operate on large datasets
- Interest or past experience in medical informatics, including use of ontologies like SNOMED or RxNorm
- You take great joy and pride in being a Data Engineer
- We expect all team members to be motivated to be amazing in their roles and, ultimately, improve the lives of patients.
Why join PicnicHealth? At PicnicHealth you get to solve real problems with real solutions, great tech, and great people.
You also get:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including Health, Dental, Vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k plan
- Parental leave
- Free PicnicHealth account
- Equipment and internet funds while we're working remotely during COVID-19
- Due to COVID-19, currently all roles are remote until at least until July 2021.
Equal Opportunity Statement: PicnicHealth is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value a diverse and balanced team where everyone can belong.
PicnicHealth is all about making medical records easy to access and using data to power the next frontier of medical research. We’re led by the belief that there’s power in medical information when it’s used well, and that every person has a right to their own theirs. And we've built award-winning machine learning to do it.
PicnicHealth works directly with patients to give them the only tool anywhere that truly provides all of their medical records from any doctor or healthcare system in the US—in an easy-to-use, secure online dashboard. Not only that, but patients can choose to contribute their data to scientific research, which helps life sciences researchers accelerate breakthroughs in care. Researchers use this anonymized “real-world data” to understand how diseases are experienced by patients and treated by clinicians in the real world, going beyond the highly controlled setting of clinical trials. The goal is to create better treatments that can ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Whether you’re a scientist, engineer, or patient yourself, we’re looking for passionate people to join us in redefining an industry during our next stage of growth. To date we’ve helped tens of thousands of patients, partnered with some of the world’s largest biopharma companies, and raised more than $35M from Felicis Ventures, Amplify Partners, and Y Combinator.
- Google Cloud
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.