Founding iOS Engineer
- New York, NY, United States
- $120k - $190k
- 0.25% - 0.75%
- iOS Development
Polywise is creating a fun, interactive way to read long-form nonfiction content on your phone in bite-sized visual sessions. Just as podcasts brought a feeling of productivity to the morning commute, we’re turning shorter breaks throughout the day into moments of interactive, visual learning. The core of our product is a new format for nonfiction content that’s designed from the ground up for the mobile use case - easy to consume but impactful visual learning experiences on your phone.
We are a small, highly technical, experienced team. We’ve worked and studied at places like Google, Harvard, and Stanford. CEO Daniel Terry previously founded Pocket Gems and Episode Interactive, leading mobile games companies which have reached 250M users and raised over $150 million from Sequoia and Tencent.
We’ve recently closed a large round of seed funding and are seeking an experienced iOS engineer who will be our first full-time engineering hire.
- Work with product teams to design, estimate, and build new features
- Quickly distill fast-moving product requirements into tangible engineering tasks
- Produce high-quality, well-documented and tested code
- Help shape our engineering culture by coming up with ideas, tools, and infrastructure wherever you see a problem to be solved
- Make key decisions around our tech stack and the architecture of our entire code base
- Keep up to date with the state-of-the-art of iOS development
- 4+ years experience with iOS development
- Demonstrated skills in delivering high quality code
- Experience working with designers and product managers
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity at a well-funded early stage company
- Medical, dental, vision, etc.
- Flexible paid time off
At Imprint, our mission is to make the world's most important knowledge easy to learn, internalize, and apply to your life. We’ve created a new format for visual nonfiction content, designed from the ground up for the mobile use case, that helps readers stay focused, understand complex ideas, and retain what they learn.
Launched in 2020, Imprint is already one of the most downloaded and highest grossing education apps in the world. But we’re just getting started, and are continuing to rapidly iterate and launch innovative new products that further our mission of effective learning.
Our team of writers, designers, visual artists, product managers, and engineers are deeply experienced in mobile storytelling and educational content. Our CEO, Daniel Terry, previously founded and led Pocket Gems and Episode Interactive, leading mobile companies which have reached 300 million users, raised over $150 million from Sequoia and Tencent, and collectively generated over $1 billion in revenue.
- iOS Development
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.