Senior Software Engineer
- Boston, MA, United States
- $80k - $150k
- 0.5% - 1.2%
What you would do?
- Solve open-ended problems spanning billions of molecules, taking them from ideation to marketing.
- Deploy cutting-edge tools that chemists actually use, both internally and externally.
- Work on a mission-focused, highly technical team.
Skills you should have
- High-performance programming experience and fluency in two of: Rust, Python, C++
- Good taste for designing maintainable, observable, robust, and scalable systems
- Devops/infrastructure chops; you will be responsible for deploying your systems in production, with terraform/AWS
- Science degree (biochemistry, chemistry, biology, medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry) or strong interest in working in drug discovery field
- RDKit, Numeric/ML Python stacks, Django
- Security experience
PostEra is a Y Combinator-backed company using machine learning, applied to medicinal chemistry, in order to expedite the discovery of new drugs and get new cures to patients faster.
What are we working on?
Partnerships: We partner with drug hunters and help them get cures to patients faster. We're currently collaborating with Pfizer and several small biotechs, using all of PostEra's ML-powered software to help their drug discovery.
Manifold: The first-of-its-kind SaaS platform for scientists to get molecules made.
COVID Moonshot: PostEra is helping lead the world's largest open-source drug discovery effort. Moonshot is an international team of scientists working on an antiviral cure for COVID and in 1 year we've gone from ideas on a website to potent compounds which should soon be ready for human trials preparation.
Medicines come before models. We're all nerds at heart, either for science, ML or engineering but ultimately the mission of getting new cures to patients is more important than the technology we use. As such, everyone is very focused on innovation only so far as it helps our mission.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.