- Vancouver, BC, Canada
Procurify Engineering has a vision of becoming “the company in Vancouver where the best technologists want to work”. To us, this means being a place where difficult and exciting technology problems are being tackled, and where engineers are given the autonomy to direct their own work. It means being a place where risk-taking is encouraged and where engineers are supported by their team and by leadership in pursuit of their goals.
At Procurify, our team is reinventing spend culture by helping businesses achieve greater visibility into their company's spend. Our platform allows organizations to track purchasing company-wide while gaining a comprehensive insight into their spending data. We also:
- Closed a USD 20 million Series B round in Spring 2019
- Recognized as one of the top 20 Technology Companies of 2020 in Canada
- Have grown to 120+ Team Members
- Have helped our customers report more than $7 Billion in spend through Procurify
As an Engineering Manager, you will work alongside Procurify's leadership team to guide the product direction and technical architecture to build the world's best spend management platform. You will help develop an organization where the best makers want to work. You will act as a team captain and guide one or more teams of engineers and help them achieve their fullest potential.
- Lead one or more teams of 6-8 software engineers.
- Develop strong empathy for our customers and help build a customer-centric mindset within teams.
- Be a player/coach of a high-performance team to ensure code quality, commitment to craft, and operational excellence.
- Own the strategy behind your team's roadmap.
- Own the execution of projects, OKRs, and other deliverables to achieve company goals.
- Manage processes to help the team do their best work and interface effectively with product managers, designers, and the rest of Procurify.
- Develop engineers on your team, helping them advance in their careers.
- Maintain a healthy learning environment within your team where engineers feel safe to ask questions, engage in healthy debate, and actively share learnings with their peers.
- Recruit and retain great engineers in collaboration with our people team.
Here’s what you need:
- Have shipped and operated business-critical web or mobile applications.
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- You enjoy learning the nuts and bolts of how things work – in this role, you will navigate the world of collaboration, spend management, and accounting within companies.
- You are capable of engaging engineers effectively regarding architecture and product decisions.
- Familiarity with agile and software development practices such as scrum/kanban, CI/CD, test automation, and infrastructure as code.
- You work very well cross-functionally and can think rigorously, and make hard decisions and tradeoffs.
- You encourage a healthy work environment that's both supportive and engaging.
- Have a couple of years of software engineering management experience. You must be a Canadian resident for tax purposes to apply.
Why Procurify? Procurify is a place where your personal growth is a real priority; where our values help shape our decisions, mistakes are expected, and being true to yourself is encouraged. We truly believe in investing in our people, and here are a few things we offer to show our team we care:
- Procurify is an all-remote, fully distributed company. You can work wherever you are happiest (within Canada for tax purposes).
- We have embraced a four day work week - take Friday off, forever.
- Flexible work hours, unlimited responsible time off
- Vision, dental, and extended health benefits.
- If you choose to visit the office, we’re pet friendly and have one of the best views of the city from our rooftop patio.
- Bucketloads of events including charity, community, and in-house learning sessions.
- A safe, supportive, and inspiring environment where people from all walks of life are welcomed and encouraged to maximize their potential.
Want to Learn More?
Let’s face it, no one wants to read through an overproduced job ad, plus we’d rather connect with you. Apply today and let’s start a conversation!
Get to know some of our team members through our Meet us Monday videos Check out what our clients are saying about us: https://www.procurify.com/testimonials Read about some of the problems our engineering team is tackling on our blog
At Procurify, our team is reinventing spend culture by helping businesses achieve greater visibility into their company's spend. Our platform allows organizations to track purchasing company wide while gaining comprehensive insight into their spend data. We also:
-Closed a $20 million USD Series B round in Spring 2019 -Recognized as one of the top 20 Technology Companies of 2020 in Canada -Have grown to 120+ Team Members in our Vancouver based office -Have helped our customers report more than $7 Billion in spend through Procurify
Procurify is a place where your personal growth is a real priority; where our values help shape our decisions, mistakes are expected, and being true to yourself is encouraged. We truly believe in investing in our people.
We are a scrappy start-up, and value a scrappy resourceful attitude towards work. While we work hard, we focus on treating each other as humans, not just production. We focus on our 4 core values, and hire for these values: -Compassion -Courage -Creativity -Curiousity
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.