- Vancouver, BC, Canada
Procurify Engineering has a vision of becoming “the company in Vancouver where the best technologists want to work”. To us, this means being a place where difficult and exciting technology problems are being tackled, and where engineers are given the autonomy to direct their own work. It means being a place where risk-taking is encouraged and where engineers are supported by their team and by leadership in pursuit of their goals. We are:
At Procurify, our team is reinventing spend culture by helping businesses achieve greater visibility into their company's spend. Our platform allows organizations to track purchasing company-wide while gaining a comprehensive insight into their spending data.
- Closed a USD 20 million Series B round in Spring 2019
- Recognized as one of the top 20 Technology Companies of 2020 in Canada
- Have grown to 120+ Team Members
- Have helped our customers report more than $7 Billion in spend through Procurify
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will work alongside Procurify's leadership team and other talented engineers to guide the product direction and technical architecture to build the world's best spend management platform. You will help develop an organization where the best makers will want to work. You will guide and mentor a team of engineers to achieve ambitious projects that could change how modern companies operate.
- Lead large technical projects with significant impact across many teams at Procurify.
- Develop strong empathy for our customers and help build a customer-centric mindset within teams.
- Guide the technology and architecture choices in collaboration with other engineers.
- Directly contribute to core technology and write code.
- Be responsible for listening to input and making decisions while considering software best practices, constraints, and numerous stakeholders' preferences and concerns.
- Contribute to a high-performance team and ensure code quality, commitment to craft, and operational excellence.
- Advise Procurify's leadership team on critical technical considerations related to the future of spend management.
- Work effectively cross-functionally
- Teach and mentor the next generation of technical leaders at Procurify
Here’s what you need:
- Have shipped and operated business-critical web or mobile applications.
- Have 10+ years of software engineering experience.
- Have mentored engineers at previous jobs.
- Thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Enjoy learning the nuts and bolts of how things work – in this role, you will navigate the world of collaboration, spend management, and accounting within companies.
- Are a strong engineer and can effectively drive architecture and product decisions.
- Experience building reliable and scalable software solutions with a team of software developers, using technologies such as ReactJS, Typescript, Docker, Python/Django, NodeJS, RESTful APIs
- Practice delivering written and verbal technical feedback in the form of code reviews to peers
- Familiarity with agile and software development practices such as scrum/kanban, CI/CD, test automation, and infrastructure as code.
- Work very well cross-functionally and can think rigorously, and make hard decisions and tradeoffs.
- Encourage a healthy work environment that's both supportive and engaging.
Procurify is a place where your personal growth is a real priority; where our values help shape our decisions, mistakes are expected, and being true to yourself is encouraged. We truly believe in investing in our people, and here are a few things we offer to show our team we care:
- Procurify is an all-remote, fully distributed company. You can work wherever you are happiest (within Canada for tax purposes).
- We have embraced a four day work week - take Friday off, forever.
- Flexible work hours, unlimited responsible time off
- Vision, dental, and extended health benefits.
- If you choose to visit the office, we’re pet friendly and have one of the best views of the city from our rooftop patio.
- Bucketloads of events including charity, community, and in-house learning sessions.
- A safe, supportive, and inspiring environment where people from all walks of life are welcomed and encouraged to maximize their potential.
Want to Learn More?
Let’s face it, no one wants to read through an overproduced job ad, plus we’d rather connect with you. Apply today and let’s start a conversation!
Get to know some of our team members through our Meet us Monday videos Check out what our clients are saying about us: https://www.procurify.com/testimonials Read about some of the problems our engineering team is tackling on our blog
At Procurify, our team is reinventing spend culture by helping businesses achieve greater visibility into their company's spend. Our platform allows organizations to track purchasing company wide while gaining comprehensive insight into their spend data. We also:
-Closed a $20 million USD Series B round in Spring 2019 -Recognized as one of the top 20 Technology Companies of 2020 in Canada -Have grown to 120+ Team Members in our Vancouver based office -Have helped our customers report more than $7 Billion in spend through Procurify
Procurify is a place where your personal growth is a real priority; where our values help shape our decisions, mistakes are expected, and being true to yourself is encouraged. We truly believe in investing in our people.
We are a scrappy start-up, and value a scrappy resourceful attitude towards work. While we work hard, we focus on treating each other as humans, not just production. We focus on our 4 core values, and hire for these values: -Compassion -Courage -Creativity -Curiousity
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.