Software Engineer (Core Data Services)
- Silicon Valley (Redwood City to San Jose)
- Google Cloud
We are actively looking for a talented software engineer passionate about designing elegant solutions to difficult problems, in the cloud and edge data space. Our software engineers work across the stack, tackling difficult scale, efficiency, and performance problems. We encourage engineers to take ownership over technical and product decisions, closely interact with users to collect feedback, and contribute to a thoughtful, dynamic team culture.
- Design and implement creative new algorithms and technologies for high-performance, highly reliable systems
- Own and deliver innovation end-to-end, from concept to shipped product
- Analyze and solve challenging problems through persistence and insight
- Work as a team with smart peers who inspire you and who are inspired by you
- Make customers really happy, because that’s why we do what we do
- 3+ years of experience in a Software Engineer role working on a large scale software product
- Experience in any number of related systems software projects e.g: Distributed systems, Operating systems, Linux Kernel, Database internals, Hypervisors, Containers, Compiler Optimization, etc.
- Natural curiosity with proven design sensibility and willingness to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Experience writing C, C++, or Golang
Nice to have :
- Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Prior work in either cloud storage or data infrastructure products
- Background in the management of large scale data streams
- Experience with deploying software on either public clouds (e.g: AWS, Azure, GCP) or on-premises clusters
About Project N
We're a stealth startup building radically new systems and software that solve some of the most complex data problems on the planet. It starts by drilling down to the lowest order bit, asking fundamental questions, and rapid experimentation. The outcomes are powerful tools that redefine how businesses harness their massive swaths of data to innovate, better and faster.
Imagine a world where you wake up inspired; find meaning in your work; help each other succeed; and return home fulfilled, each and every day. We're committed to building a company that fosters this ethos. An ethos where we do the best work of our lives.
We thrive on being respectfully bold, having boundless grit, being passionate about hard, unsolved problems, and having relentless focus.
- Google Cloud
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.