Staff Backend Engineer, Product
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
- Azure Cloud
You have expert knowledge of modern web applications and have worked with languages and frameworks such as Ruby on Rails (RoR) or Elixir/Phoenix. As someone who can code and architect the backend server systems, practice thoughtful code reviews, and provide mentorship to other engineers, you have the desire and experience to share knowledge with others.
You follow engineering best practices when creating software and you enjoy working collaboratively with other smart but humble engineers in an environment where you feel safe to experiment and innovate. You want to work on a product that has a positive impact on cancer patients’ lives.
We are a mission-driven startup that is creating change for people impacted by cancer. We’re developing an intelligence platform that provides all the information physicians need, in one place, to assess patient care options and take action. We are passionate about achieving our mission and each others’ success.
We’re ready to make an impact on a 147.3 billion dollar industry. Will you join us?
Here’s the typical day to day for our backend engineers:
- Own what you build as you architect, test and refine Ronin’s product suite.
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack, with a focus on the backend, and contribute daily to all parts of our product code base.
- Collaborate with our product management and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions that will ultimately better the lives of both Oncologists and patients.
- Build products that our patients and oncologists really love.
Does some or most of the below describe you? Let’s chat!
- 6-8+ years of experience with Elixir/Phoenix or Ruby on Rails (RoR) or similar. If you don’t have Elixir/Phoenix or RoR experience, you should be willing to learn them.
- Expertise around how to deploy backend stacks (We use Docker and Kubernetes)
- Growth mindset. You are excited to learn and keep up with the latest trends in technology.
- Product oriented mindset. You care about the end user experience and provide input into the product.
- Enjoy mentoring, sharing knowledge and learning from other engineers.
About Project Ronin
We’re building a cancer insights engine that cuts through the noise and enables personalized, evidence-based clinical decision making. We are doing that in four ways: 1. Making patient-reported outcomes and symptom tracking easier with our mobile app (allowing the oncologist to recognize patterns). 2. A physician platform that surfaces the best evidence and insights at the point of care. This is designed to be the tool physicians love and is easily integrated with any EMR(electronic medical record) system. 3. Data insights engine that is making predictions and informing the dr with the most up to date information on care for that specific type of cancer. 4. A dynamic feedback loop so that our data and insights continue to grow, evolve, and improve over time.
As a healthcare company, our goal is to create technology that will serve billions of patients on their journey to a prolonged and meaningful life. With that in mind, we strive to offer the best benefits possible at our size. Our goal is to remove obstacles so you can do the best work of your life, live healthily, and feel supported by a company that truly cares about your overall well-being.
Inclusivity, humor, and transparency are the corner features of our culture. From moving to being virtual we have created and maintained a focus on minimal meetings and team building events. We have done virtual 5ks, beer, and tea tastings as well as trivia games.
- Ruby on Rails
- Azure Cloud
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.