- $150k - $200k
- 0.0% - 1.0%
- Google Cloud Platform
- Unix shell
Data Science and Engineering (DSE) is at the heart of Prometheus, the first company using precision medicine and machine learning to create better therapeutics for patients with GI and immune-mediated disease. We invite you to learn more about this exciting position on our team.
Are you a skilled, ambitious, and enthusiastic data scientist who wants to impact human health at the forefront of precision medicine and drug dicsovery? Do you have experience applying computational methods to genomic, clinical, and biological datasets?
As a founding data scientist in the DSE, you will:
- Develop statistical and machine learning-based algorithms to identify drug targets and understand disease biology using human -omics data (e.g., genomics, epigenomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics).
- Inform Prometheus’ discovery pipeline strategy, prioritization, and execution.
- Provide scientific direction to senior management and research teams.
- Independently design, execute, and interpret data analysis strategies to answer scientific questions.
- Maintain, clean, and contribute to genomic, molecular, and clinical databases.
- 5-10 years of experience in data science, computational biology, or bioinformatics.
- MS or PhD degree in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Genetics, Computer Science, Physi or a related discipline.
- Fluent in Python, R, and SQL, and feel at home in a remote Linux server session.
- Familiar with cloud compute and storage (GCP, AWS, Azure).
- Passionate about high code quality, automated testing, collaborative developer workflow on GitHub, and other engineering best practices.
- Concise and effective communicator (verbal and written).
- Share our vision for using data, compute, and science to make a substantially positive impact in the world.
Any of the following is a plus
- Fluent in the use of R/Bioconductor for the analysis of gene expression and gene regulation using internal and public array, RNAseq, and scRNA-seq transcriptomics datasets.
- Familar using packages such as sci-kit learn, TensorFlow, pandas, PyTorch, H2O
- Experience analyzing and integrating different types of human genetic datasets (e.g. GWAS, Rare variants, eQTL, etc.).
- Experience with the use of commonly used statistical genetics packages (PLINK, ADMIXTURE, GATK, BOLT-LMM, etc.).
- Experience with using public human genetic and genomics databases (GWAS Catalog, OpenTargets, UK Biobank, GEO, GTEx, etc.).
- Experience with integrating multi-platform omics data and applying advanced machine learning techniques to uncover biological insights for SNP and target discovery.
- Familiarity with molecular / cell biology assays and immunobiology.
About Prometheus Biosciences
The first company using precision medicine and companion diagnostics to create new therapeutics for GI and immune-mediated diseases.
Many of us have families. We usually leave work around 5-6 PM. We enjoy our weekends and imagine you feel the same way. However, as a rapidly growing company with big goals, we are really motivated to work hard and make a difference for patients.
Occasionally some of us stay late, or work on a Saturday. But this is always self-driven, rather than an unwritten expectation of the company.
We care about results, not sheer hours of effort. This is especially important for engineers and data scientists. We want Prometheus to be a place where you will do the best work of your career.
Our company values help align our culture. They are:
- Focus on the individual patient.
- Be bold - no guts, no glory.
- Follow the science and the data.
- Engage in rigorous, honest debate.
- Let passion fuel progress.
- Be accountable to each other.
- Evolve continuously.
- Embrace moonshot thinking.
- Google Cloud Platform
- Unix shell
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.