Software Engineer, Frontend
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $130k - $190k
- 0.02% - 0.07%
As a Frontend Developer at Q Bio, we'll help you showcase your talent and personal style while:
- Advancing technology in the area of information graphics and interactive data visualization tools.
- Learning more about human health and biology.
- Thriving in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Working on well defined products and projects to completion.
What you will do in this role:
- Architect, build and test front-end application code
- Build rich data visualization code for our medical data search engine
- Create reusable, cross-platform web UI components for multiple web applications
- Collaborate with other engineers and UI designers on web application development projects
- Optimize the performance of web applications
- Establish frameworks and workflows for rapidly and incrementally delivering new functionality
- Refactor and improve existing front-end application code and components for better reuse and sharing across multiple projects
Skills and experience you will bring to this role:
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years designing/implementing production data-driven web interfaces
- Deep knowledge of web standards, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with scripting languages, such as Python or Ruby
- Experience building UI components and infrastructure to support consistent, scalable deployment
- Demonstrated UX fundamentals, including usability principles and accessibility.
- Strong verbal and communication skills, demonstrated problem-solving skills, proactive, adaptable, and willing to take ownership.
- Ability to quickly pickup new technologies and rapidly assess implementation pros/cons.
- Demonstrated ability to make practical design/implementation tradeoff decisions.
- Experience with automated user interface testing frameworks and continuous integration.
About Q Bio, Inc.
Q provides a platform for preventive data-driven healthcare by making it simple for individuals and their physicians to comprehensively quantify and track changes in their bodies. Based on landmark research done in system biology in the Snyder Lab at Stanford University, in about an hour the Q physical exam gathers, blood, saliva, urine and does a non-invasive whole body scan to build a quantitative snapshot of a person's health.
We are a tight-knit team of scientists and engineers, committed to bringing our broad expertise to bear on difficult technical challenges. Each person has much to offer, and should strive to serve as both mentor to and student of their peers. This confidence in our colleagues enables us to tackle thorny, ill-posed problems, which in turn inspires each one us to be our best.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.