- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Gather, analyze, and define requirements for new complex software functionalities with input from R&D team
- Implementation and deployment of new algorithms into commodity high performance computing (HPC) environments
- Develop sustainable software modules through the use of prototyping, clear software design, participating in design reviews
- Develop automated unit and system testing
- Quickly ramp-up and become an expert on state of the art techniques in numeric analysis
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in a statically typed, compiled language such as (C++, Rust, Erlang, Haskell)
- Strong scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, Bash, or Perl
- Strong Linux/Unix experience, including command-line tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relentless, self-motivated creative problem solver
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Able to work effectively in high-pressure, fast-moving team environment
- Experience with Git/GitHub tooling, including branching, merging and rebasing
- Experience developing applications with parallel computing such as MPI/OpenMP, pthreads.
- Experience with numerical and linear algebra libraries
- Experience developing high-performance physics simulations / scientific computing
About Q Bio, Inc.
Q provides a platform for preventive data-driven healthcare by making it simple for individuals and their physicians to comprehensively quantify and track changes in their bodies. Based on landmark research done in system biology in the Snyder Lab at Stanford University, in about an hour the Q physical exam gathers, blood, saliva, urine and does a non-invasive whole body scan to build a quantitative snapshot of a person's health.
We are a tight-knit team of scientists and engineers, committed to bringing our broad expertise to bear on difficult technical challenges. Each person has much to offer, and should strive to serve as both mentor to and student of their peers. This confidence in our colleagues enables us to tackle thorny, ill-posed problems, which in turn inspires each one us to be our best.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.