Queue is a platform that lets creative professionals start providing services online. We set you up with a beautiful portfolio, tools to get feedback on your work, and get paid for it with customizable contracts.
We're used by thousands of esport coaches, video production agencies, and more.
Why join us?
We're a YC company if that matters to you. We just raised $1.5M from respected investors.
We're building a massive platform that will change how people start businesses online providing services. We're gonna provide them the tools needed to get feedback on their work, contracts and payments, manage clients, and even a website builder that gets them hired more.
If you love working on complex tech and R&D, you'd love it here.
The Founders have known each other for 15+ years and the CEO has previously exited a company. They're passionate gamers, engineers, and creatives.
You're gonna work in a small team and be very close friends with the founders. In fact, if we can't be friends, we'd rather not work together. Our goal is to be <5 team size before Series A and build a strong relationship on this crazy journey.
Engineering at Queue
• We have a monday standup meeting where we discuss what we've done for the previous week and what we'll be doing for the following.
• You'll work with the designer (cofounder) and QA guy (employee) to release new products.
• We use github to do pull requests.
• Communication is done on Discord. If you have questions or random things you wanna talk about, we prefer having an open discussion about it on discord.
• Building a real time video player is pretty difficult. We're using a new tech called Croquet.io to do this. You will most likely need to spend about a week or so understanding how croquet works, along with our current code around it.
• We're building a platform, so knowing how to keep the architecture of it clean and organized is very important.
• We're also going to be on multiple platforms. So desktop (electronjs), web, and mobile (react native). If you apply as a react engineer, you will need to learn RN.
You would get to work on our current video player page. It's like google docs for video. Everyone on the page is synchronized in real time with the video player, and anyone can leave time stamped comments with drawings on the canvass.
Example: go on usequeue.com and try it
You'll get to work on the fintech product in Queue. We're gonna allow our customers to create contract and customizable invoices. Some of the customization includes hourly pay, milestones, per revision fees, escrow, etc.
You'll get to work on the widget and portfolio builder. The widget allows anyone to copy and paste a script unto their website to get a
Hire mebutton and lets their future customers contact them through it. Think of it as Intercom chat built for service providers.
Working at Queue
We value high speed communication. We're always responding to each other in less than 1 minute and have an open mind when it comes to feedback. We won't insult anyone, but we will give feedback on ways to improve. We're agile and make quick decisions on doing something. We can decide to build something, have a design in a few hours, and have an MVP out by end of the week with QA.
Work from Home
We meet in a cabin in Quebec 2x a year. Once during winder and once during fall.
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.