- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- React Native
The Ready Surgery team is looking to onboard a product-driven engineer who is passionate about and experienced in building software that are both usable and delightful, but most importantly software that is mission-critical. We are building a high-impact product that surgeons rely on to de-risk millions of surgeries.
This is a full-time position (no contractors or agency please) for someone who is motivated by building a revolutionary product as well as a lasting company. This candidate must be a fast learner, have deep proficiency in React & Node.js, and must possess strong emotional intelligence. Culture is paramount to us, and the candidate must have a demonstrated history of collaborating in a small and flat team, with the drive to build productive and pleasant relationships with all team members.
This is a unique opportunity to join a validated, and yet early stage startup to have massive impact - both on the tech and the company. While a healthcare background is not needed to succeed in this role, the drive to have meaningful impact by learning about healthcare during the course of the job is important.
What You Will Do
- Full-stack engineering with a focus on the user-experience & front-end
- Hit the ground running with our web application using Node.js, React & some Meteor.js
- Some React Native (iOS and Android apps), MongoDB and AWS work, helping in whatever area of stack needed
- This is a hands-on, high velocity and high productivity role, frequently releasing MVPs and iterating on them via daily releases
- Fill in the gaps with design by applying your own user empathy and design sense to see designs through the finish line (Proficient with CSS)
- Some of the early projects will be building a patient chatbot to guide patients through surgery, and redesigning our forms to be more mobile and user-friendly
Who You Are
You have at least 4 years of hands-on experience in building real world products, with experience with front-end architecture & full product cycle.
You are full-stack with strong experience building in React, Node.js and have built independently up and down the stack.
You take 100% responsibility for your design decisions, your code, your bugs and deploying fixes with a no-excuse and results-driven mindset.
You work independently taking initiative and requiring less management.
You are humble and flexible never letting your ego get in the way of your work - you QA your own work, work with any engineer from around the world, and get stuff done.
You genuinely love coding. You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and remaining hands-on.
You are user-focused, scrappy and humble. You can develop the empathy to work on user experiences for our elders and the sick.
You have a strong interest in learning machine learning and working with data science.
You have some experience working in a fast-paced early-stage startup environment.
Above all else, you have the drive to build a product and company you are proud of.
Compensation package will include salary, equity and benefits. Perks include working from home/ anywhere as long as you can work core hours between 8 am - 5 pm PST, be available for urgent matters with team members/clients in other time zones, and are open to some travel to our office in Menlo Park, CA if needed. But please note that this is not the right role for someone who is primarily motivated by compensation.
About Ready Surgery
We predict and prevent surgical complications, and guide patients through the preparation for and recovery from surgery.
Small, tight-knit team that works in a scrappy and true startup environment to move fast. Willing to reprioritize and respond to customer feedback fast.
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.