Staff Software Engineer (Back End)
- New York, NY, United States
- Austin, TX, United States
- $150k - $200k
- 0.10% - 0.25%
- Ruby on Rails
What we're looking for
Recora is seeking a talented individual with technical experience, deep curiosity and a strong desire to grow. You'll partner with the Head of Engineering, Head of Clinical Operations, Head of Product and other domain experts to create groundbreaking technology and infrastructure to power better cardiac care and heart health for thousands of members.
- Architect robust, stable software to deliver essential healthcare to thousands of patients
- Deliver consistently on sprints and projects across our backend infrastructure
- Own specifications and tickets with self-sufficiency and independence
- Balance speed and quality, with a focus on tangible results
- Partner closely with clinicians, operations experts and care providers to find new solutions for our product and processes, close gaps in specifications/business logic and ensure that our code delivers on the underlying use case
- Report directly to the Head of Engineering and extend their capacity across projects
- Have a humble, growth-oriented mindset with a desire to consistently improve and outperform
Your Past Experience
Note: we consider applicants of all backgrounds. The below is simply a list of useful experiences. If you are excited about what we’re building but don't meet some of the criteria below, please don’t let that discourage you from applying!
- 6+ years of experience building complex backend services for mobile, web and data services
- 4+ years of technical leadership experience
- Ability to collaborate with the rest of the team and organize your own work
- Previous success building and shipping large scale web services with a mindset of empathy for the user
- Understanding of computer science and fundamental concepts of software engineering
- Good to have: experience working in health tech or at an early stage startup, GraphQL and REST web services, real time data streaming, and AWS
About Recora Health
1 in 3 humans die of heart disease - it's time to change that.
We're designing heart health from the ground up so that humans can live fuller lives. We're building technology to accelerate recovery after a cardiac event. And we're optimizing health stacks to realize preventive and aspirational goals.
We're a group of diverse, thoughtful and humble folks. Having worked in organizations of every size and shape, we know that people make or break teams. An open, ego-free and supportive culture is central to making the best team of people at Recora.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.