Lead Security Engineer
- New York, NY, United States
- Austin, TX, United States
- $125k - $165k
- 0.10% - 0.25%
- Ruby on Rails
What we're looking for
Recora is seeking a talented individual with technical experience, deep curiosity and a strong desire to grow. You'll partner with the Head of Engineering, Head of Clinical Operations, Head of Product and other domain experts to build, maintain, and improve Recora's security posture and keep patient data secure.
- Maintain and improve the high security bar of Recora to protect patient data
- Manage Recora's security and compliance programs and maintain certifications (SOC2 Type 2, HITRUST)
- Perform gap analysis and structured risk assessments to identify and recommend solutions for improving Recora's security posture
- Deploy, build, and/or operate security solutions to help scale the security program
- Coordinate penetration testing and vulnerability assessments
- Provider security consulting for all Recora teams
Your Past Experience
Note: we consider applicants of all backgrounds. The below is simply a list of useful experiences. If you are excited about what we’re building but don't meet some of the criteria below, please don’t let that discourage you from applying!
- 3+ years in a security engineering or operations role
- Ability to collaborate with the rest of the team and organize your own work
- Have previously led organizations through security and compliance audits such as SOC 2 Type 2
- Solid understanding of Linux/UNIX based systems
- Technical domain knowledge in areas adjacent to Application security. For example, Infrastructure security, Cloud/IaaS products (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure), Linux, Windows, or MacOS based systems, Networking, Reliability, Software development
About Recora Health
1 in 3 humans die of heart disease - it's time to change that.
We're designing heart health from the ground up so that humans can live fuller lives. We're building technology to accelerate recovery after a cardiac event. And we're optimizing health stacks to realize preventive and aspirational goals.
We're a group of diverse, thoughtful and humble folks. Having worked in organizations of every size and shape, we know that people make or break teams. An open, ego-free and supportive culture is central to making the best team of people at Recora.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.