- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
- Elastic Search
- Apache Storm
Reflektive is seeking a Data Engineer to deliver our talent development platform to the world's best places to work. Reflektive is a rapidly scaling company making this the best environment to take on ownership as well as learning how to grow a company.
You'll join a lean, prolific team where everyone, including you, is active in the product defining and development process (where deploying new features every 2 weeks is common). You'll know the customers we're talking to, and the needs of each one. As a result, you know where your initiative and drive can best make a difference (and be recognized!)
Our engineering team consists of developers from a wide array of backgrounds. Our data team primarily focuses on Java, SQL and Python. Our team is a tight knit, friendly group of engineers that are dedicated to learning from and teaching to each other. Team members regularly contribute to and optimize our engineering practices and processes. Our team wants to make software engineering fun, easy, and fulfilling, so we've come up with a set of values that we apply to our software every day: Simple, Flexible, Consistent, Predictable, Efficient, and Pragmatic.
What You'll Do:
- Working on Reflektive's Data & Infrastructure Projects
- Experience or demonstrated interest in Big Data Technologies
- Enhance and further develop Big Data processing pipelines for data sources containing structured and unstructured data
- Monitor and optimize key infrastructure components such as Databases, EC2 Clusters, and other aspects of the stack
- Help promote best practices for Big Data development at Reflektive
- Act as a bridge between the infrastructure and application engineering teams
- Provide infrastructure support with a focus on cloud based computing
- Build and support visualization and exploration capabilities around our Data Sets
- Work with the Data Extraction and Data Science engineers on normalization and analytical processes
- Work in an Agile manner with business users and data scientists to understand and discover the potential business value of new and existing Data Sets and help productize those discoveries
- Help design and implement disaster recovery efforts
- Analyzes requirements and architecture specifications to create detailed design
- Research areas of interest to the team and help facilitate solutions
You Have: - 8+ Years of professional experience as a Data Engineer or a Backend / Full Stack Software Engineer looking to move into Data Engineering - Skills required: Java, SQL - Great if candidate has experience in any of the following Python, Ruby on Rails, PostgresSQL, Redshift, Elasticsearch, ETL, Spark, Storm - Startup experience - Flexible team player - Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done - Willingness to learn and do whatever it takes to meet deadlines in a quick, ever-changing environment
- In 30 days, you will have deployed fixes to production and have an understanding of how Data is consumed/transformed/stored and the Key Infrastructure Projects
- In 60 days, you will have taken on a key greenfield production project, working independently or with team mates to deliver the project
- In 90 days, be a key individual in the team and wider engineering department, helping to deliver important data driven solutions
Reflektive is a leader in providing innovative, real-time performance management solutions for HR leaders and their agile organizations. Founded in 2014, Reflektive securely delivers Real-Time Feedback and Requests, Goal Management, Performance Reviews, and Check-Ins applications in the cloud for more than 400 clients worldwide including Airbnb, Pinterest, Uber, Protective Life Insurance and more.
Reflektive’s mission is to reinvent people management processes to empower employees to thrive at work and was recognized in Gartner’s 2017 Cool Vendors in Human Capital Management report. Following a successful 2017, Reflektive plans to double its engineering team, invest in R&D and expand go-to-market strategies worldwide. On February 15th, Reflektive announced $60 million in Series C funding, led by TPG Growth with existing investors Andreessen Horowitz and Lightspeed Venture Partners participating.
Based in San Francisco, Reflektive is a tightly knit and friendly group of passionate and driven individuals. We are dedicated to learning from and teaching each other and empowering employee success at all levels for us and our customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Forward-thinking organizations use Reflektive’s people management platform to drive employee performance and development with Real-Time Feedback, Recognition, Check-Ins, Goal Management, Performance Reviews, 1-on-1 Profiles, and Analytics. Reflektive’s more than 500 customers include Blue Origin, Comcast, Instacart, Dollar Shave Club, Healthgrades, Wavemaker Global, and Protective Life. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and TPG Growth, Reflektive has raised more than $100 million to date, and was ranked the 13th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500™.
People here are dedicated to career development and helping people define and reach their goals that align to the goals of the organization. Because of the human aspect of our product, we are passionate and inspired every day and our success hinges on our ability to work together as a team. We are nimble, scrappy, curious trail-blazers who go the distance for extraordinary results. We approach our work with a growth mindset and the ongoing opportunity to improve through feedback.
- Ruby on Rails
- Elastic Search
- Apache Storm
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.