- San Francisco, CA, United States
- 12 Factor App
- Code Review
About the company
Remind, the leading communication platform in education, helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With over 30 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
About this role
The Remind Engineering Team collaborates to deliver features for our users and customers while setting and maintaining SLAs to ensure reliable system performance. We prefer strongly typed languages over dynamic, and leverage both relational and non-relational data structures as needed, supporting tens of thousands of requests per second. We bias towards using the right tool for the job, including Typescript, Go, Ruby, Twirp, GraphQL, and many AWS services (Aurora, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS).
As a Fullstack Engineer at Remind, you'll collaborate with other Backend and Fullstack Engineers, as well as cross-functional teams, to maximize site availability, performance, and uptime, as well as helping develop new features for students, parents, teachers and administrators.
Not in San Francisco? No problem! Our team is distributed within +/-3 hours of Pacific Time.
- You have consistently shipped high quality code to production as part of a team
- You enjoy tackling interesting, complicated problems and following them through to the end
- You collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to break down product requirements and maintain visibility on projects
- You write clean code and have significant experience with one or more programming languages
- You have built scalable, performant, highly available services and understand the value of a good SLA
- You have built single page web applications with an emphasis on maintainability and user experience
- Others enjoy working with you because of your positive attitude and technical competence
What you'll do:
- Design and implement backend systems to improve our communications platform supporting over 30 million students, parents, and educators
- Increase the fault tolerance of our distributed services
- Ensure our system can scale to handle several times current load
- Deliver features that delight the millions of parents, teachers, and students that use Remind every day
- Support uptime through participation in our eng-wide on-call rotation
- Help tighten our SLAs so that the performance of our website exceeds the expectations of even our largest and most demanding customers
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.
Remind is a communication platform for teachers, student, parents and administrators. We help 28MM teachers, parents, and students connect every month to improve academic outcomes. Think Slack for schools.
Remind is extremely mission driven and we all work hard towards the same goals - to impact education by giving every student a chance to succeed, while building a profitable, sustainable business. We value personal health, family, and service to others.
A well-rounded approach: Our compensation plans include equity, full medical coverage for you and your family, and an open vacation policy.
A place to do your best work: We provide the space, gear, and grub to help you stay focused and energized. (And we make it a priority to have fun, too.)
An opportunity to make a positive impact: Work in a mission-driven environment with people passionate about making a difference—and see what that looks like for real schools and districts, and the teacher and parents supporting the students in those schools.
- 12 Factor App
- Code Review
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.