- San Francisco, CA, United States
- 12 Factor App
- Code Review
About the company
Remind, the leading communication platform in education, helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With over 30 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
About this role
As a member of our Sustaining Engineering team, you'll be responsible for working closely with Customer Success/Support, Development, and Product teams to develop fixes and enhancements to our SaaS platform. The successful candidate will focus on verifying and correcting technical issues to help ensure a delightful and successful experience for our schools and districts while collaborating with the Engineering team to identify areas of optimization and clarity in the existing codebase.
Some of the most complex aspects of Remind’s platform are connected to onboarding new customers—rostering and account provisioning, automated message configuration and sending, data syncing and API access. You will author code to improve and maintain features as well as own new feature development for our internal systems and tools. You will tackle challenging technical problems with the simplest possible solutions while having a direct impact on our customers and internal teams.
- 4+ years of experience writing code with at least 1 year of experience in Ruby
- You can skillfully and comfortably articulate technical problems and issues with groups of people in a clear and concise way.
- You can debug problems efficiently and accurately
- Your ability to quickly learn new technologies brings you joy
- You’re innately curious and thrive on difficult technical problems
- You understand the importance of empathy and how it relates to our customers
What you'll do:
- Become a Remind expert and serve as the primary interface with customer-facing teams on software support issues
- Analyze Production Escalations (Issues) and partner with the Engineering team to determine root cause
- Diagnose broader platform issues and make technical improvements to the process to conform with SLAs
- Lead and/or participate in design, development, and implementation of sustaining software projects
- Participate in our on-call rotation alongside all engineering team members
- Own systems-level support and maintenance to improve the health and stability of our SaaS platforms
- Collaborate with Customer Success, Product, and Engineering to translate onboarding and other technical requirements into features
On your first day, you should:
- Have a strong aptitude for product, both at a high level and in the details
- Preference for working collaboratively - for example, with pair programming and code reviews
- Be okay with the uncomfortable feeling that comes while learning new things
- Be comfortable interacting with people at all levels of education - from brand-new teachers to administrators, IT roles, to parents and students
- Be enthusiastic about creating simplicity for our users and for improving both products and processes
- Be prepared to navigate our Github repos and codebase for future commits
Remind is a communication platform for teachers, student, parents and administrators. We help 28MM teachers, parents, and students connect every month to improve academic outcomes. Think Slack for schools.
Remind is extremely mission driven and we all work hard towards the same goals - to impact education by giving every student a chance to succeed, while building a profitable, sustainable business. We value personal health, family, and service to others.
A well-rounded approach: Our compensation plans include equity, full medical coverage for you and your family, and an open vacation policy.
A place to do your best work: We provide the space, gear, and grub to help you stay focused and energized. (And we make it a priority to have fun, too.)
An opportunity to make a positive impact: Work in a mission-driven environment with people passionate about making a difference—and see what that looks like for real schools and districts, and the teacher and parents supporting the students in those schools.
- 12 Factor App
- Code Review
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.