- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $80k - $110k
- 0.01% - 0.15%
What you will work on:
* Support developers using Render both one-on-one and in public channels.
* Become a trusted voice in the rapidly expanding global Render community.
* Help debug and fix customer issues across our stack.
* Contribute to a growing ecosystem of open source projects built around or on Render.
* Be the voice of the customer and channel their feedback to help improve our products and documentation and define the state of the art.
* Work closely with Render's founder and VP of Engineering to build our support organization.
Signs you are a great fit for this role
* You have a customer-first mindset and deep empathy for developers.
* You are a generalist engineer, fluent in at least one programming language and interested in learning more.
* You enjoy interacting with developers and are driven by the gratification that comes from fixing their problems.
* You are an excellent written and verbal communicator with a keen eye for detail.
* You thrive in a collaborative environment and believe in empathetic, direct, open and honest communication.
* You are self-directed; curious by nature and an impressively quick learner.
Bonus points for:
* Previous experience in a technical support role.
* A desire to develop your coding skills by working in Render's codebase to solve customer issues.
We encourage you to apply even if you don't identify with all of the attributes above.
When deploying applications in production, developers are forced to pick between two extremes: expensive yet simplistic platforms like Heroku, or complicated, do-it-all-yourself services like AWS. By contrast, Render makes it easy to get up and running quickly but also allows applications to scale and increase in complexity over time, preventing a transition to DIY infrastructure.
Our goal is to completely free up developers and teams from managing infrastructure. This will ultimately improve all software and enable entirely new kinds of applications.
We're building products that abstract over complexity and minimize cognitive overhead for our users. This requires careful thought, high creativity and a deep understanding of application requirements in production. Our stack is React, GraphQL, Go, Kubernetes and PostgreSQL, but we don't require prior experience with any of them. We're looking for people with high integrity, low ego, and an insatiable drive to learn.
We serve over 150 million requests every week and have thousands of users who love the product. Our users include a leading democratic presidential campaign, YC startups, indie hackers and everyone in between. The company is well funded and backed by the same venture funds behind Airbnb, Snap, and Stripe, and the former CTOs of VMware and Dropbox. We also won the annual TechCrunch Disrupt Battlefield last year.
We value high integrity, low ego, an affinity for continuous learning, and the ability to figure things out quickly. We're always open to being wrong, and we love to improve our work through reasoned discussion and constant feedback. We trust and respect each other tremendously which makes doing all of this easy.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.