Rhino replaces your security deposit with affordable insurance for your apartment – and puts thousands of dollars back in your pocket.
Funded by well-known investors (Khosla, Founders Fund, Kairos, ff VC, and more)
Rapid growth within two heavily regulated industries (real estate and insurance)
Founders have previously started companies which went on to be acquired by Facebook, Samsung, and IAC
We use Pull Requests on Github to conduct code reviews. All engineers are empowered to push code to production, which we often do multiple times per day. All code is covered by automated tests, which are run through Continuous Integration. The master branch of all six of our projects pass at all times. We maintain high levels of code quality and performance, and perform routine security audits. Over the past two years, the codebases have been developed and maintained by the CTO and a team of highly skilled remote freelancers. We're now looking to build out a world class in-house software team in New York.
As an Insurtech business, we face many deep technical challenges, such as:
- High levels of data integrity and accuracy required for Insurance reporting
- Regulatory compliance that differs from state to state, and across the admitted and Excess and Surplus Lines insurance markets
- Increased security as a result of running credit checks and requiring personal information at signup
- Using internal and external data to continually refine our novel pricing algorithms
And as a rapidly growing real estate startup:
- Large number of third party integrations that need to be built and supported for Property Management, Tenant Screening, and Accounting platforms
- Maintaining a high level of user experience for property managers and listing agents while our underling data and usage quickly grows
- Discovering new ways to streamline the leasing process
- Improving and maintaining a third party API used by listing and leasing platforms
Creating an automated system that, once a renter is approved by a third party screening tool, send a series of invitation emails with a streamlined signup flow
Build a series of monthly reports that are sent to our insurance partners that determine the amount of premium written that month, as well as outstanding risk, and new claims
Improve the portal for listing agents so that they can more easily digest information about new applicants, know what has changed since their last visit, and see who has enrolled and who is still in progress
Create an API that allows listing platforms to cross reference their listings inventory in order to determine if Rhino is offered at a given property
Create an API for leasing software to obtain a Rhino quote from within their own application
We are a trusting organization and give each team member full autonomy to do their work, while offering support and mentorship to make sure we're all working toward the right goals. We value diversity and new perspectives. We constantly construct small tests for new products and features, and then iterate based on the data we discover.
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.