- Silicon Valley (Redwood City to San Jose)
We’re a rapidly growing team serving a highly ambitious engineering organization. The Software Platform organization provides the infrastructure for our products and ensures developer velocity and system stability. Our work spans multiple areas including architecture, the software development lifecycle, cloud infrastructure, networking, online data processing, reliability and more.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Target the highest profile problems within engineering at Robinhood, work to deliver a solution in a highly accelerated way with a repeatable, reusable pattern, template or framework for teams going forward facing similar problems
- Identify high impact classes of problems and design and implement general solutions with high return on investment
- Provide mentorship both formally and informally to engineers at Robinhood, define and formalize the architecture design process and guide the overall architectural direction
- Provide infrastructure and tooling to automate test development and execution up and down the testing pyramid, including unit, API and integration testing
- Provide the infrastructure to automate and standardize how software is built, versioned and deployed to target environments
- Accelerate Kubernetes Adoption, provide compute, network, storage plus abstractions to interface with PAAS frameworks to automate, standardize and abstract common infrastructure
- Transition the organization to an immutable, container-based infrastructure on Kubernetes via a self-service platform-as-a-service that enables engineers to generate, deploy and operate fully functional microservice stacks
- Provide scalable, robust software and infrastructure for DAG workflows
- Provide a best in industry messaging platform with schema enforcement, exactly once delivery, pub-sub and more
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Fluent in one or more programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Java)
- Experience authoring and operating high-scale services
- Experience with scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on AWS primitives
- A focus on software engineering best practices such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies
- Extremely data-driven
- Ability to debugging complex systems
- Intimate familiarity of Python/Django or Go
- Experience with high-growth startups
- Strong open source contributions
Core Tech Stack:
- Python, Django, Django Rest Framework, etc.
- CI/CD and test automation frameworks
- Container and container orchestration technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Microservice-oriented architectures and related OSS technologies (e.g. Kafka, Celery/RabbitMQ, nginx, Redis, Postgres, Airflow, Consul, etc)
- Cloud-native infrastructure (AWS, GCP)
Robinhood is changing the way America invests. We believe our financial system should work for everyone and not just a few. We offer commission-free trading for stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies—all in one, user-friendly platform. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve enabled millions of people to participate in the markets, cementing us as the fastest-growing brokerage ever.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.