- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
As a software engineer on our Backend team, you will be building and owning certain backend services and infrastructure that power our core financial products. You will also gain a unique look into how the US financial systems works on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge. We strive for high standard of engineering quality while solving unique scalability challenges. You will have high impact roles at a relatively small company for our user base.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Having a dedicated mentor in the first months who will review your code and help you get ramped up
- Building, testing, and releasing product-facing features with stringent correctness and scalability requirements; these features could be related to market data, trading, accounting, authentication, or security.
- Designing a solution with other engineers and the ops team to fix a scalability problem and then implement it
- Working with our frontend team to fine tune our REST API
- Collaborating with our data team to support millions of customers
- Contributing to open source projects
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Solid understanding of relational databases and transactions
- Familiarity with writing highly concurrent systems
- Good intuition for REST API design
- Intimate familiarity of Python/Django or Go
Core Tech Stack:
- Python/Django, Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store
- Redis and Memcached as our caching layer
- Celery as our task queue using RabbitMQ
Robinhood is changing the way America invests. We believe our financial system should work for everyone and not just a few. We offer commission-free trading for stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies—all in one, user-friendly platform. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve enabled millions of people to participate in the markets, cementing us as the fastest-growing brokerage ever.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.