- New York, NY, United States
- $100k - $200k
- 0.01% - 2.00%
Rogo will be the first full natural language interface for working with data. We’re building a data science platform that lets users simply ask questions about their data in plain English, rather than having to code or work in Excel. It allows anyone to explore, analyze, visualize, and produce actionable insights from financial data faster and more effectively than they would be able to in Excel or any existing data science tool, with no programming background required. Using our NLP engine, users can condense all stages of data analysis – (i) data gathering, (ii) data analysis, and (iii) data visualization into simple English commands, as if you were asking a real data scientist assistant to help you.
The longer-term vision is to change the way all industries work with and interact with their data. Data needs are growing rapidly, and there aren’t enough technical employees to keep up with the need. Existing platforms are not easy enough for users to use. Our platform will change the way everyone interacts with their data, by allowing everyone to work with and ask questions of their data in plain English.
About the role
Rogo needs a founding engineer. We need someone who's going to help think, design, strategize, iterate, and ship. You're going to wear a lot of hats and you're going to grapple with all sorts of technical challenges. You'd be perfect for this role if you have full-stack experience, aren't afraid to get your hands dirty, and are comfortable taking on a lot of responsibility. If that sounds like a lot, it's because it is. We're building the future of data analytics and we need founding engineers who are passionate about our technology, our mission, and our company.
Right now we’re a tiny team and by joining now you’ll be able to play a large role in founding and shaping a venture-backed data analytics company. We’re looking to make 15-20 hires within the next twelve months. Being part of the Rogo founding team means you’ll directly help shape:
- Our future company culture
- Our engineering practices
- The people that we hire
- The direction & focus of our products
About the Role
Roles & Responsibilities
- Help build and design a robust enterprise SaaS product from the ground up.
- Develop analytic data products across econometric, statistic, and machine learning domains
- Contribute to the design and creation of a robust ensemble algorithm for translating normal English questions into executable commands (semantic parsing).
- Create, deploy, and maintain ETL pipelines and ensure data quality.
- Create experiences, digestible analytic outputs, and automated reasoning capabilities that will continually delight our users.
- Experience building, architecting, and scaling large software applications.
- Solid programming foundations and proficiency with at least one data-related language such as Python, Julia, or R.
- Software design and peer review skills.
- Experience writing maintainable, testable, production-grade Python code.
- Expert level understanding of at least one modern web technology stack (Python, Node, Scala, etc.)
- Comfortable with SQL / Postgresql and databases.
- Experience with AWS or another cloud provider.
- Experience in modern front-end technologies and deployments, such as ReactJS.
- Experience with DevOps workflows and tools like GitHub.
- Strong familiarity with auto-ML, automated reasoning, and augmented analytics.
- Familiarity with BI tools and dashboard analytics.
- Experience with natural language processing and deep learning libraries such as (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.)
- Experience building an analytics tool (even if just for personal use).
- Experience in a cloud data warehouse environment using Snowflake, stitch, AWS services (e.g. EC2, lambda, kinesis).
Rogo is a no-code data analytics platform that lets users do data analysis with simple plain English commands. Our mission is to unleash the power of data and enable everyone to become a data genius.
We want to build tools that make data scientists more productive but also let non-technical users keep pace. Rogo will be the first full natural language interface for working with data. It’s a deeply technical problem and we hope the prospect of trying to solve it makes you as excited as it makes us.
The longer-term vision is to change the way all industries handle their data. Data needs are growing rapidly, and there aren’t enough technical employees to keep up with the need. Existing platforms are not easy enough for users to use. Rogo will change the default for data analysis and visualization.
We care deeply about democratizing the power of data. We are self-directed and self-motivated but work collaboratively as much as possible. We love team members who have strong convictions and bold ideas and are always willing to argue for what they believe in, so long as they’re equally as open-minded and willing to learn from others. Ultimately, we are a startup and so everyone wears many hats. As a result, our team always needs to be intellectually curious and comfortable exploring new ideas.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.