- $100k - $120k
- 0.03% - 0.04%
- Ruby on Rails
As a Rosie Ruby on Rails Back-End Developer, you'll be the mechanic on the engine-that-can. Not only will you be maintaining the application and changing the oil, but also designing and implementing new additions, switching out parts, integrating with the latest and greatest, and tweaking the overall system to get that extra performance boost. Work with the Rosie Team to add your own touch and signature on the platform. Together, we can make Rosie a mean, lean, grocery machine. Peers of all walks of Development life (including design, quality assurance, devops, and engineering) will be working with you toward our ultimate goal: unlock the potential of a growing application to be best in class for shoppers on all devices, of all usability needs, across the country (and maybe the planet!)
- Design, implement, test, and maintain reusable and reliable Ruby on Rails code.
- Develop new and expand upon the current unit test suite, aiming for 100% code coverage for all applications.
- Perform database integrations and optimize the manipulation of data.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Maintain code quality.
- Participate in the agile development process (Scrum or Kanban).
- Participate in code reviews.
- Assist in source control branch management.
- Identify and make recommendations for potential improvements to architecture, process and design.
- Pursue automation opportunities.
3-5 years of experience working on a team to develop software using Ruby on Rails.
(Preferred) Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Web Development, Management of Information Systems, or similar. Well qualified candidates with alternative career pathways or strong real-world experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, ActiveRecord, and Test Driven Development
- Experience with optimizing Rails apps for response time and scalability.
- Familiarity with microservice architecture/service-oriented architecture.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages (i.e. ActiveRecord Serializer, RABL, etc.)
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful Web Services
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated unit and integration tests.
- Experience with using Git for revision control.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You will be expected to communicate across teams within Rosie, as well as with our external stakeholders, vendors and customers.
- Experience with Rails deployment on AWS via CloudFormation and/or Docker.
- Experience with SOLR (via Sunspot).
- Experience with some of the libraries we use (Sidekiq, CarrierWave, state_machine).
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Rosie is the most trusted, locally focused eCommerce company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online from local stores. Rosie partners with leading independent grocers and their wholesalers to provide eCommerce, delivery opportunities, shopper marketing, and deep data services.
Enthusiasm Makes Ordinary People Extraordinary - We believe that a group of passionate individuals can change the world.
Intellectual Curiosity - We seek people who enjoy exploring, understanding and solving really hard, complex problems.
Nothing Is Sacred - We place value on ideas and facts, not ego and/or dogma. If something is broken in our company, anyone (bottom to top) can and should fix it.
Personal Responsibility - Each one of us is responsible for the culture and reputation of our firm, including the environment (physical/emotional, internal/external) in which we work.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.