- Ruby on Rails
As a Rosie Front-End Developer, you'll be building and cultivating the next iteration of the Rosie experience. As part of the team it will be your mission to navigate your fellow Rosians, the code base, and ultimately our shoppers to a new frontier - of the Angular variety. You will not be alone. Peers of all walks of Development life (including design, quality assurance, devops, and engineering) will be working with you toward our ultimate goal: unlock the potential of a growing application to be best in class for shoppers on all devices, of all usability needs, across the country (and maybe the planet!)
This job is right for you if:
- You love learning new things
- You want to work with a team of highly motivated and collaborative peers
- You always put the user first
- You want to ship code often
- You care about code quality and maintainability
- You won’t suffer a bug to live
- You want to change the world (with groceries)
Ideal Front-End Developer Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Web Development, Application Development, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar.
- Experience developing web applications with front-end frameworks like Angular, React, Vue.js or similar.
- Experience implementing responsive designs using modern CSS features and/or UI libraries like Bootstrap.
- Experience developing front-end unit tests and writing testable front-end code.
- Experience using SASS/LESS and familiar with CSS management best practices.
- Familiar with version control best practices (we use Git).
- Familiar with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and experience working within one or more defined methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall, etc)
You are extra awesome if you have:
- A solid understanding of web standards and accessibility.
- Experience developing for screen readers.
- Experience using issue tracking systems like JIRA.
- Experience implementing SEO best practices.
- Familiarity with AWS, cloud hosting, and Docker.
- Familiarity with TypeScript
Our Core Values
- Intellectual Curiosity- We seek people who enjoy exploring, understanding, and solving complex problems.
- Personal Responsibility- Each one of us is responsible for the culture and environment in which we work.
- Enthusiasm Makes Ordinary People Extraordinary- We believe that a group of passionate individuals can change the world.
- Nothing Is Sacred - We embrace change and welcome new ideas that challenge tradition.
- Team Oriented - We succeed or fail together. When one of us wins, we all win.
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Rosie is the most trusted, locally focused eCommerce company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online from local stores. Rosie partners with leading independent grocers and their wholesalers to provide eCommerce, delivery opportunities, shopper marketing, and deep data services.
Enthusiasm Makes Ordinary People Extraordinary - We believe that a group of passionate individuals can change the world.
Intellectual Curiosity - We seek people who enjoy exploring, understanding and solving really hard, complex problems.
Nothing Is Sacred - We place value on ideas and facts, not ego and/or dogma. If something is broken in our company, anyone (bottom to top) can and should fix it.
Personal Responsibility - Each one of us is responsible for the culture and reputation of our firm, including the environment (physical/emotional, internal/external) in which we work.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.