Rubrik is the market leader in Cloud Data Management, the world's first platform to orchestrate data for hybrid (public+private) cloud enterprises anytime, anywhere. We blend future-proof architecture with consumer-grade simplicity to pioneer a fresh approach to an old problem.
We are passionate about innovating and bringing intuitive UI and UX to enterprise. We strive to push the boundaries of design and bring a world-class user experience to every business in the world. Our team of engineers is focused on bringing cutting-edge front-end technologies and design patterns to power our products.
Rubrik is the fastest growing enterprise company in the Billion Dollar League backed by top Silicon Valley investors Greylock, Lightspeed, and Khosla Ventures.
Check out our blog on engineering growth and mentorship: https://medium.com/life-rubrik
Member of Technical Staff, Front End Silicon Valley, CA, United States
Principal Distributed Systems Engineer Silicon Valley, CA, United States
Software Engineer - Front End Silicon Valley, CA, United States
Great market opportunity — Our current Total Addressable Market is about $50 Billion and the incumbents are all large legacy vendors like EMC-Dell, Veritas, IBM, and HP. Their lack of innovation has helped Rubrik become the fastest growing enterprise startup ever based on revenue.
Focus on user experience — One of the reasons we built Rubrik was to bring a consumer-grade experience to enterprise software. To provide the simplicity, easy of use, and pain free delight of popular consumer products, such as Facebook, Google, and Dropbox, we created a team composed of engineers and designers from both consumer and enterprise.
Protects data for essential services — We are entrusted with protecting a companies most valuable data and making it immediately available anywhere. If an entire hospital is hit with a ransomware attack, Rubrik can help them thwart it easily by being able to recover a patient's critical files from anywhere.
Strong engineering culture and mentorship — We have an engineering first culture (all 4 founders are engineers) and we've created an environment where engineers get to do their most interesting work alongside an incredibly smart team. We also want to develop all of our engineers into leaders and entrepreneurs and have set up programs unlike anything available elsewhere.
The Product Engineering teams are building and maintaining multiple products at Rubrik. These teams have clear ownership over certain features, products & part of the stack ensuring they have all the context to make impactful decisions. Some product teams are full stack, while others are specialized either in back-end, or front-end.
Scrum teams are running their sprints following practices that help them most to reach the quarterly goals. Teams are utilizing code reviews, pair programming and tech talks for ensuring engineering growth, collaboration and mentoring.
1) We are entering Act 2 for our company which includes building data apps on top of customer's data. This provides opportunities to build really cool things, like Advanced Search, Predictive Analytics and more.
2) We are targeting some of the largest and most complicated environments in the world. Building a software that scales to that while maintaining the simplicity of the UI is a very tough engineering challenge.
3) In the UI stack we are putting architecture in place that enables the product teams to iterate fast, and build products much quicker than any of our competitors do while keeping the UX quality bar very high.
Read more about the front-end challenges we are facing here: https://medium.com/life-rubrik/building-enterprise-grade-ui-is-hard-ca70aae2db58
The Crystal UI is the bread and butter of our business, every Rubrik customer is using it to manage their data protection. This is a very large front-end with a codebase around ~450,000 loc using TypeScript, GraphQL, REST and Angular. Most exciting challenges here are to stabilize this codebase while still adding new features, set it up for long term supportability & enable rest of the engineering team to be able to meaningfully contribute to its maintenance. This includes standardizing on patterns, documenting the reusable components, improving the developer experience, etc.
The Polaris UI is a platform to provide access to all the data that we use as a base to provide data apps – we just recently released GPS and Radar on the top of it. This newer codebase ~65,000 loc is using TypeScript, React, Redux &GraphQL. To enable building new apps at scale, we need to push for standardization, from gql queries, to interactions and reusable components. We are also investing in a reusable component library, a new design language, and introducing the architecture patterns, technologies, tooling and training to enable the rest of the engineering team to help pull the load to meet our ambiguous goals.
- Relentless Never give up. Get creative and execute with extreme focus and determination
- Integrity Have high moral standards. Do what you say, and say what you do - even when no one is watching. Expect the same of others
- Velocity Move fast. Be decisive and have a strong sense of urgency
- Excellence Leave things better than you found them. Do your life’s best work and leave your mark
- Transparency Be extremely open and collaborative. Share information with others to drive smarter decisions and engender trust
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.