Software Engineer - Virtual Platform
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
ABOUT THE TEAM Asgard is the virtual platform engineering team at Rubrik. Our mission is to make the Rubrik platform available in public clouds and other virtualized environments. We design the virtual platform and are responsible for meeting software defined datacenter requirements for large enterprises. Also, we are responsible for Rubrik’s branch office (Edge) solution which is among our most popular products. All of these serve as the backbone for powering Rubrik’s industry leading Data Protection and Data Management solutions. ABOUT THE JOB Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation, test and deployment Create solutions that make it easy to deploy and maintain Rubrik products in virtualized environments. Evaluate options for making Rubrik solutions available on public cloud vendors. Design, develop and operationalize high performance, scalable, reliable and resilient system infrastructure level services Implement monitoring to help fix issues proactively and learn from customer product usage patterns Diagnose and resolve problems in complex customer environments ABOUT YOU Computer Science graduate with strong problem-solving abilities Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems design Strong background in Systems programming Programming and debugging knowledge in C++, Java, Scala Extensive experience with Linux kernel or equivalent, and kernel debugging 5+ years of relevant experience in developing enterprise software Strong interest in learning new technologies, solve complex problems and challenges Knowledge in Storage, Filesystems or Data Protection technologies is a plus ABOUT RUBRIK Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik, the leading cloud data management company for the modern enterprise, delivers instant application availability for recovery, search, cloud, and development. Customers benefit from Rubrik’s market-leading Cloud Data Management platform that offers simplicity, instant data access, app-mobility, policy-driven automation, ransomware protection, and analytics —all at scale. Rubrik is growing rapidly as we work to solve challenging problems in some of the largest and most complicated environments in the world. Building software that scales while maintaining UI simplicity requires rigorous thinkers. In the UI stack, we are putting architecture in place that enables the product teams to iterate fast, and build quickly while keeping high UX quality. We are also building innovative data applications, like Data Classification, Predictive Analytics and more.
In order to give you a sense of Rubrik’s engineering culture, here are our key tenets.
• Obsess About Customer Satisfaction. Everything we do needs to be towards delighting our customers. We like to always think from customers’ point of view and try not to make decisions based on developer convenience. We pride ourselves on handling customer bugs with extreme diligence. We aim to offer a high level of supportability and diagnosability and try to never break compatibility commitments.
• Own Your Own Destiny. Our Product + Development + Support teams own the product end-to-end and deliver projects adherent to our “definition of done” principles.
• Be Proactively Transparent. Prioritize, collaborate and be proactive with communication on status and progress. Be open: freely share analysis, design, and roadmaps.
• Never Punt. Our engineers own issues and drive progress by doing closed-loop analysis. We value engineers that are capable of debugging and root-causing hard issues. If a handoff is needed, the next team is informed on the issue and why it landed with them.
• Be Data Driven. Whenever possible or practical, make decisions based on data and metrics.
• Just Do It for Excellence. Strive for continuous improvement, leaving things better than you found them.
• Be Curious. Ask questions!
• Welcome Peer Review. We aim to collaborate without preconceptions.
• Celebrate Wins and Acknowledge Excellence. High five, #shout-out to teams and team members.
• Prioritize The Team. Removing roadblocks for our teammates is the most effective way to increase bandwidth. For example delivering timely and high quality code reviews are as important as writing code.
We are looking for teammates who are motivated by our challenges!
- Relentless Never give up. Get creative and execute with extreme focus and determination
- Integrity Have high moral standards. Do what you say, and say what you do - even when no one is watching. Expect the same of others
- Velocity Move fast. Be decisive and have a strong sense of urgency
- Excellence Leave things better than you found them. Do your life’s best work and leave your mark
- Transparency Be extremely open and collaborative. Share information with others to drive smarter decisions and engender trust
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.