Software Engineer- Data Infrastructure
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Palo Alto, CA, United States
ABOUT THE TEAM Our observability platform is building a World class telemetry infrastructure handling billions of time-series data points & log messages. This data powers proactive alerting - we detect a large fraction of issues before our customers notice them. Massive data pipelines that process batch uploads from Rubrik deployments around the globe. This data is used for providing value added services like capacity planning.
ABOUT THE JOB Designing and developing cutting-edge solutions for processing incoming metrics, logs & traces at massive scale Developing solutions to analyze telemetry data at scale - this includes detection of anomalies using machine learning Working closely with Support organization to develop tools that help Rubrik provide world-class support experience to customers Nurturing team culture which sets high standards and achieves them through collaboration
ABOUT YOU Rubrik Software Engineers are self-starters, driven, and can manage themselves. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge people to do their best work. Bottom line, if you have a limitless drive and like to win, we want to talk to you - come make history!
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related field 10 years of relevant work experience, or 6 years of relevant work experience with a PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field Experience architecting and developing large scale distributed systems and Data platforms. Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages like Java, C/C++, Scala, Python Familiarity with one or more of the following areas: data mining, machine learning, recommendation systems or, artificial intelligence Experience with Google Cloud Platform/AWS/Azure or other public cloud technologies is a plus
ABOUT RUBRIK Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Rubrik, the leading cloud data management company for the modern enterprise, delivers instant application availability for recovery, search, cloud, and development. Customers benefit from Rubrik’s market-leading Cloud Data Management platform that offers simplicity, instant data access, app-mobility, policy-driven automation, ransomware protection, and analytics —all at scale. Rubrik is growing rapidly as we work to solve challenging problems in some of the largest and most complicated environments in the world. Building software that scales while maintaining UI simplicity requires rigorous thinkers. In the UI stack, we are putting architecture in place that enables the product teams to iterate fast, and build quickly while keeping high UX quality. We are also building innovative data applications, like Data Classification, Predictive Analytics and more.
In order to give you a sense of Rubrik’s engineering culture, here are our key tenets.
• Obsess About Customer Satisfaction. Everything we do needs to be towards delighting our customers. We like to always think from customers’ point of view and try not to make decisions based on developer convenience. We pride ourselves on handling customer bugs with extreme diligence. We aim to offer a high level of supportability and diagnosability and try to never break compatibility commitments.
• Own Your Own Destiny. Our Product + Development + Support teams own the product end-to-end and deliver projects adherent to our “definition of done” principles.
• Be Proactively Transparent. Prioritize, collaborate and be proactive with communication on status and progress. Be open: freely share analysis, design, and roadmaps.
• Never Punt. Our engineers own issues and drive progress by doing closed-loop analysis. We value engineers that are capable of debugging and root-causing hard issues. If a handoff is needed, the next team is informed on the issue and why it landed with them.
• Be Data Driven. Whenever possible or practical, make decisions based on data and metrics.
• Just Do It for Excellence. Strive for continuous improvement, leaving things better than you found them.
• Be Curious. Ask questions!
• Welcome Peer Review. We aim to collaborate without preconceptions.
• Celebrate Wins and Acknowledge Excellence. High five, #shout-out to teams and team members.
• Prioritize The Team. Removing roadblocks for our teammates is the most effective way to increase bandwidth. For example delivering timely and high quality code reviews are as important as writing code.
We are looking for teammates who are motivated by our challenges!
- Relentless Never give up. Get creative and execute with extreme focus and determination
- Integrity Have high moral standards. Do what you say, and say what you do - even when no one is watching. Expect the same of others
- Velocity Move fast. Be decisive and have a strong sense of urgency
- Excellence Leave things better than you found them. Do your life’s best work and leave your mark
- Transparency Be extremely open and collaborative. Share information with others to drive smarter decisions and engender trust
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.