We're building a consumer-grade social product that reinvents how business financials are presented through modern design and engineering. By bringing clarity, power, and speed to financial data, we help every team become more aligned on the entire business so they can collaborate to make better decisions, faster.
We believe there is an opportunity to create a paradigm shift in how financial data is used at businesses to create more awareness, ownership, and smarter decision-making. Many businesses think about finance as just accounting, but we believe there is a huge opportunity to transform this to be about investing smarter.
We're well-funded by Andreesen Horowitz, as well as some incredible angels.
Our team comes from Twitter, Postmates, Zynga, and Mixpanel.
Culture is extremely important to us, and we hope it is to you too.
• We run kanban-style weekly cycles and do daily stand-ups.
• We collaborate early and iterate until we're happy with the quality of the work.
• We're a small team so everyone does pretty much everything.
• We use GitHub Pull Requests, deploy to production automatically.
At an extremely early stage, we believe it's important that we share common values.. On engineering, here are some of the things we value:
• Be rigorous, get it right - just because code has been written doesn’t mean it can’t be improved. As a team, we take code review feedback seriously as an opportunity to make things better.
• Strategic tech-debt - we view tech-debt as having a wide variety of “interest rates”. We’re OK with some low-interest tech-debt in the short-term if it lets us work smarter and build more value for our customers sooner, as long as we plan to pay it back over the mid-term.
• Never lose sight of the customer - Software engineering is a deep field and it’s easy to lose sight of what’s important, so it’s critical to constantly remind ourselves why we’re doing this – for our customers.
• Finances are complex and tough to understand, so figuring out intuitive visualizations is critical.
• The underlying data is also complex and comes from a wide variety of sources, so data modeling and processing is a persistent challenge.
• Speed and top-notch UX is of utmost importance to the success of our product - most people don't understand finances, so we need to combat that with an awesome and compelling experience.
If you like figuring out how to distill something complex down into clear primitive components or refining user-experiences until users say
wow, we think you'll like working with us.
Below are the values we share as a team, so if you like these, you may enjoy working here. (And if you don't like them, please tell us what we're missing in our thinking!)
• We value Clarity, even at the expense of verbosity — clear, transparent, frequent communication that is delivered and received with equanimity.
• We value Trust, even at the expense of comfort — we build and maintain trust through meeting our commitments, courageously delivering direct and empathetic feedback, steel-manning opposing points of view, and recognizing that we are all here to continuously grow.
• We value Craftsmanship, even at the expense of speed — we move quickly, but we also build on top of strong foundations. We seek to build the best products with the best people, and our bar is continually being raised.
• We value First Principled, Systems Thinking, even at the expense of time — we invent and innovate in a changing world through diligent, focused thinking. We will understand why things are the way they are in the world, but our default assumption is that there is always room for improvement or reinvention.
• We value Responsiveness, even at the expense of efficiency — customers expect a product that is fast, a company that is responsive to their needs, and those are best delivered by a team that is responsive to each other.
We're flexible on hours but generally prefer folks be available between 11am-4pm Pacific Time so we have predictable times for synchronous collaboration.
We're fully distributed so you can work from home (or wherever you like).
We provide full health, dental, and vision coverage.
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.