- New York, NY, United States
About the role 🎉
We're looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who can help us create the server-side engine that powers our interactive tools for video editing. This person should be deeply interested in the intersection of machine learning and systems design, and have extensive experience building web-based real-time server applications.
You’ll have a chance to work closely with our research and frontend teams to design performant APIs for media management and build low-latency, high-reliability machine learning deployments. This role is on a small team with a big impact.
What you’ll do 🎨
- Work with a world-class engineering team pushing the boundaries of content creation on the browser
- Build server components for upcoming product features for Runway’s video creation and collaboration tools
- Deploy services for processing and delivering multimedia content on the fly using state-of-the-art machine learning and graphics tech
- Improve the performance, reliability, and code quality of our backend
What you’ll need 💻
- 4+ years of industry experience in a backend, distributed systems, or machine learning engineering role
- Experience with cloud orchestration systems such as Kubernetes and cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Strong interest in writing robust and maintainable client-server architectures and APIs
- Familiarity with Python-based image and video manipulation/encoding/decoding frameworks, such as OpenCV and PyAV
- Ability to rapidly prototype solutions and iterate on them with tight product deadlines
- Strong communication, collaboration, and documentation skills
Runway is inventing tools that empower anyone to tell stories in ways that weren't possible before. We are taking recent advancements in computer graphics, deep learning, and the web to push the boundaries of creativity and in turn, lower the barriers of content creation; unfastening a new wave of storytelling.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.