- New York, NY, United States
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who can help us create the server-side engine that powers our interactive tools for image and video synthesis. You’ll be working closely with our research and frontend teams to design performant APIs for media management and build low-latency, high-reliability machine learning deployments. The best fit for the role is someone who is deeply interested in the intersection of machine learning and systems design, and has extensive experience building web-based real-time server applications.
This is a full-time role. We are based in New York, but welcome remote applications from everywhere 🌍
- 4+ years of industry experience in a backend, distributed systems, or machine learning engineering role.
- Experience with cloud orchestration systems such as Kubernetes and cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Opinionated about writing robust and maintainable client-server architectures and APIs.
- Familiarity with Python-based image and video manipulation/encoding/decoding frameworks, such as OpenCV and PyAV.
- Ability to rapidly prototype solutions and iterate on them with tight product deadlines.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and documentation skills.
Runway is inventing tools that empower anyone to tell stories in ways that weren't possible before. We are taking recent advancements in computer graphics, deep learning, and the web to push the boundaries of creativity and in turn, lower the barriers of content creation; unfastening a new wave of storytelling.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.